|Date Posted||September 11, 2023|
Chief Development Officer – Compassion Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Compassion Canada
Compassion Canada, a leading international child development organization, is looking for a fundraising professional with exceptional leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills to join their team as Chief Development Officer (CDO).
The CDO is responsible for advancing the mission of Compassion by leading the Partner Relations Division through the Partnership Development, Programmatic and Philanthropic Engagement, Division Operations, and Supporter Services teams in developing and deepening relationships with individuals and institutions across their journey with Compassion, from awareness to engagement. Additionally, this role shares organizational leadership through participation in a highly collaborative Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
If you are a people-focused executive leader with expertise in fundraising and public relations, and passions and values that align with Compassion Canada, we would love to connect!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Values the holistic wellbeing of themselves and others, and commits to living and leading in a way that cultivates health and holism.
- A spiritually mature individual with personal spiritual disciplines practiced to authentically pursue a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- A proven ability to build a relationship-focused and results-oriented environment where individuals flourish, and long-term organizational health and performance are optimized.
- High emotional health and emotional intelligence (EQ), cultural intelligence (CQ), and intellectual intelligence (IQ).
- Committed to excellence, integrity, dignity, stewardship, and discernment.
- Has a growth mindset, is forward-thinking, and is committed to building a learning organization.
- Exceptional leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills.
- Honed communication, conflict, and change management skills.
- Excellent planning, operational, and analytical skills.
- Passionate about building a Jesus-centered culture that is real, relational, and lives out the values of unity in diversity.
- Highly collaborative and people-focused, and is passionate about mentoring, coaching, and developing others.
- Kingdom-minded, mission-driven, neighbour-centered, data-informed, community-discerned, and bold in strategic direction setting.
- Authentically enjoys working hard and playing hard; placing a high value on having fun with those they work alongside and lead!
- As part of the ELT, this incumbent must sign a senior leadership covenant by which the board and ELT are held to. Given the Christian ministry aspect, ethos, and expectations by the CRA, Compassion staff, and supporters, this senior covenant will have a higher standard than the rest of the general staff.
- Thorough understanding of the not-for-profit sector and legislative environment.
- In-depth knowledge of international relief and development work.
- Expertise in fundraising, philanthropy, and government relations.
- Knowledge of church denominations and giving trends in Christian culture.
- Forward-thinking and innovative, with a learning mindset and drive to find new and creative ways to increase Compassion’s reach and influence.
- Able to develop a high-performance culture with resilient teams while developing strong brand awareness in relationships across Canada.
- Seven to ten years of proven experience in a similar or related role, including fundraising, partner development, public relations, and people management.
- Church or ministry experience, an asset.
- International program knowledge, an asset.
- CFRE designation, required.
- Degree in not-for-profit management, business, public relations, or a related field, required.
- Bible college or seminary degree, an asset.
- International Development degree, preferred.
- This is a remote or hybrid position, as part of Compassion Canada’s Flexible Workplace Philosophy and Policy.
- Moderate to significant local, national, and international travel is expected.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to serve other departments; putting a strong emphasis on internal customer service.
WHO WE ARE
As one of the world’s leading child development organizations, Compassion partners with the local church in 27 countries to end poverty in the lives of children and their families. Today, two million children are discovering lives full of promise and purpose as they develop in all the different aspects of their lives—their minds, bodies, and relationships.
HOW DOES COMPASSION WORK?
If you could sum up our ministry in a phrase, it would be “holistic child development.” This might sound a bit dull, but this concept is key to Compassion’s ministry. It means we don’t simply respond to poverty by handing out food or Bibles. Instead, we seek to develop children in all the diﬀerent aspects of their lives.
Location: Remote or Hybrid (London, ON)
Application Deadline: open until a suitable candidate is found
Start Date: TBD
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.