|Location||#101 – 26 Fourth Street, New Westminster, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 5, 2023|
Chief Development Officer – Alpha Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Alpha Canada
Alpha Canada is seeking an experienced fundraiser to lead the Philanthropy Team as Chief Development Officer.
As Chief Development Officer you will inspire Canadian supporters to engage and invest in Alpha Canada’s exciting vision for the future: unleashing the hope found in Jesus and seeing lives transformed through the power of authentic relational community achieved through the Alpha Course. When you work at Alpha Canada, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest need in the world today. Alpha Canada is passionate about evangelism. As a servant leader you will work with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure alignment with the Canadian and International organization’s strategy.
If you are an executive leader with a skill-set in philanthropic engagement, team-building, and a passion that aligns with the mission of Alpha Canada, we would love to hear from you!
The Chief Development Officer will generate value and raise funds for Alpha Canada as well as its international programs through leadership of all philanthropic engagement and relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations, foundations, and legacy givers, as well as develop meaningful partnerships with Canadian churches.
As a member of the Alpha Canada Leadership Team, you will participate in strategic planning for the organization and create a growth plan for the Philanthropy Team that inspires and provides a way for Canadians to shift the typical charitable value exchange from simply good will to effective impact in the world. Alpha Canada aspires to be the top partner of choice for high-net-worth givers and other specialized partners.
Does this Sound Like You?
- You are a servant leader that is people-centric, entrepreneurial, data savvy, and a great storyteller who communicates from the heart, executes with the mind, and is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- You are a passionate fundraiser who builds required systems and ways of working, and unifies a team to perform at a high level of excellence.
- You are a creative thinker.
- You are driven and results oriented.
- You are a trusted thought partner.
- You are a collaborative and persuasive communicator.
- Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent.
- CFRE designation is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of successful not-for-profit fundraising.
- 5+ years of experience in coaching teams toward excellence.
- Proven success at raising and retaining a $1M annual portfolio of major donors; comparable experience in corporate sales will be considered.
Knowledge and Alignment
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, and CRA fundraising rules and guidelines.
- Strong business knowledge and able to think/strategize in a number of business environments.
- Exceptional knowledge of philanthropy strategies/public relations to build brand awareness and donor confidence.
- Must be fully aligned with the mission and values of Alpha Canada.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends – schedule is often determined by donor availability and/or fundraising events.
- Must be willing to work long hours to reach fundraising deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to meet with potential donors.
Alpha began at a church called Holy Trinity Brompton (HTB) in London in 1977. It was taken by Nicky Gumbel in 1990 and repositioned as a course for those outside the church. The number of people attending Alpha at HTB grew quickly into the hundreds and attracted the attention of other churches across denominations seeking to find an effective tool for evangelism.
This led to the first Alpha conference in 1993 at HTB where over 1000 church leaders attended to learn about Alpha and how to use it in their congregation. As interest grew, Alpha conferences were organized internationally and the original Alpha Film Series was filmed in 1994 to make it accessible to the widest possible audience.
Alpha courses were run by local churches in Canada in the 1990s, and the Alpha Canada National Office was established in November 1998. Currently, the Alpha office is located in New Westminster, BC. Now all over the world millions of people have tried Alpha and it has been translated into 112 different languages. The Alpha Talks have been repackaged for today’s audience in the Alpha Film Series, and the Alpha Youth Series was created to reach a younger generation with the Gospel. Even as times have changed, the Alpha course has continued to be used by the Church as an effective tool to reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Location: Remote/Hybrid – office located in New Westminster, BC
Application Deadline: February 6, 2023
Start Date: Spring 2023
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.