|Date Posted||April 13, 2021|
Chief Executive Officer – Wishbone Site Furnishings
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Wishbone Site Furnishings.
WHO WE ARE
Wishbone Site Furnishings all started in 1995 with one primary objective: to design and build maintenance-free, municipal-grade furniture using recycled plastic lumber and recycled metals. We have established ourselves, through the years and thousands of products later, as the industry leader
in the site furnishings market with cities and municipalities across North America attesting to the fact that our products do exactly what they were designed to do.
Our success stems from our ability to adapt, create and deliver exceptional products that meet our customer’s expectations and the public’s demand for environmental stewardship. We have become a strong force and resource for those inquiring, acquiring, and building products using recycled plastic lumber.
For more information, visit our website
Design and build purpose-driven products that are good for the environment and delight our customers.
FABRICATION & FOUNDRY
All of Wishbone’s products are fabricated with skill and careful attention to detail at our foundry in Parksville, BC. All of the components in our products are constructed by a highly skilled team of craftsmen who bring us decades of fabrication experience and expertise.
We use some of most modern tools and techniques to produce innovative designs that stand the test of time and offer a wide range of ironwork products, custom fabrication services and powder coating. From industrial-level design to individually tailored consumer products, our team takes pride in our work and strives to make sure that our customers are happy.
For more information, visit our website
Under the general direction of the Wishbone Site Furnishings (WSF) Board, which is comprised of the President, CFO and VP of Manufacturing, in alignment with the Vision, Mission and Values of the organization, and in accordance with the Strategic Plan, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides overall leadership, direction and management to WSF in all areas of the business including sales, marketing, product development, human resources, finance, technology, operations, and distribution. The role currently oversees a head office in Langley, BC for Sales/Marketing, final assembly and shipping and a manufacturing facility at Wellington Foundry in Parksville, BC.
The CEO stewards the strategic planning and execution processes, including sales growth into new markets, as well as operational expansion to ensure efficient capacity is in place to support profitable sales growth. The CEO creates a positive team culture and upholds high standards of conduct and principles to safeguard both the integrity and reputation of the business, while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- Represents and conveys the values of WSF to the senior leaders, employees, contractors, suppliers, and customers as well as to external agencies and partners.
- Ensures a safe and positive team-based and customer-focused working environment and culture for employees, suppliers, contractors and partners.
- Develops, updates and implements a Board-approved strategic plan, aligning organizational and operational priorities with the strategic plan to achieve its goals.
- Accountable for overall company profit & loss (P&L). Leads business growth and profitability improvement through sales and operational excellence and the efficient use of facilities, technology, equipment, people, raw materials and supply chain/distribution.
- Works with the WSF Board in the development process of annual budgets and financial strategies and the implementation of best practice KPI’s to ensure maximum resource utilization and cost-effectiveness without compromising quality.
- Develops, updates and implements a sustainable organizational structure that keeps up with the growth of the business, and ensures the right values, talent, skills, experience and organizational capacity are in place.
- Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to achieve effective Quality, Human Resources, Operations, Finance and Risk Management.
- Provides executive leadership to large-scale capacity/expansion, infrastructure and automation capital projects, and non-capital improvement projects. Ensures the ongoing development of continuous improvement initiatives and risk management practices.
- Works with the WSF Board to address WSF priorities in relation to the strategic plan, ensure the effective operation of the business (facilities, programs, departments). Works with the WSF Board to set the direction for company-wide initiatives and improvements, and plan for upcoming opportunities, challenges and projects.
- Leads team meetings to implement the WSF Board-approved strategic plan, company-wide initiatives and improvements to take advantage of opportunities, as well as being ready and able to handle challenges.
- Ensures the company is in compliance with all laws and regulations, and company standards for conduct. Consults with legal counsel, the senior leadership team and other external resources to ensure compliance with all applicable legal and financial matters.
- 15+ years business and/or manufacturing experience in progressive leadership and executive management positions in growth-minded businesses.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related trade. An MBA would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Proven record in successfully merging companies, including merging facilities and integrating operations.
- Ability to work in a private, entrepreneurial small business and collaborate with an active ownership group.
- Knowledge, alignment and experience with Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
- Strong people management and project management skills with the ability to build, coach, inspire and engage a high-performing team.
- Proven track record in implementing strategies, executing plans, improving ROI, and using data and metrics to drive a business forward.
- A transparent, humble and authentic leadership style that holds self and others accountable for results through collaboration, innovation, engagement and trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Gifted at building strong internal and external relationships with employees, customers, suppliers and partners.
- Believes and models the core values of passion, integrity, accountability and quality.
- Skilled in the use of computers with knowledge and experience using ERP systems.
Location: Langley & Parksville, BC
Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Jeff Pitchford at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Must be a resident of Canada and legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.