|February 1, 2024
Chief Executive Officer – Tearfund Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Tearfund Canada
Tearfund Canada is seeking a driven and relational leader with a gifting in strategic planning to join their team as Chief Executive Officer.
Tearfund Canada is a Christian not-for-profit organization dedicated to its vision to see people freed from poverty, living transformed lives and reaching their God-given potential. The CEO of Tearfund Canada is passionate about accomplishing this through partnering with the church to bring restoration to those living in poverty and need. Reporting to the Tearfund Canada Board, the CEO of Tearfund Canada provides visionary leadership to the organization in the areas of strategy, mission growth, diversified revenue development, team and culture leadership and operational excellence. The President & CEO is responsible for developing and directing the overall ministry of Tearfund Canada and leading a high-performance team of gifted leaders.
If you are an executive leader with strong fundraising, communication and donor care experience, and you have a deep passion for bettering the lives of the poor and oppressed, we would love to connect with you!
Tearfund Canada is a partnership of Christians passionate about ending poverty. We're following Jesus where the need is greatest; working through networks of local churches across the Global South to unlock people's potential and help them to discover that the answer to poverty is within themselves.
Committed to the example and teaching of Jesus, we recognize that people have deeply interconnected material and spiritual needs. We seek to meet those needs by working through local Christian networks across Africa and Asia - primarily through the churches and faith-based organizations who are at the heart of their communities.
Tearfund Canada is part of the worldwide family of Tearfund organizations. Tearfund Canada implements excellent relief and development projects every year in 9 countries in Africa and Asia through long-term, church-based partners.
We raise funds from individuals, businesses, foundations and churches, as well as from Global Affairs Canada, and leverage them through our membership in the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. Tearfund Canada serves as the official relief and development partner of 7 denominations and many independent churches.
To see people freed from poverty, living transformed lives and reaching their God-given potential.
- Following Jesus – follow Jesus where the need is greatest.
- Church based –implement programs through local church partners.
- Holistic –bring physical, social, emotional and spiritual restoration, along with economic relief.
- Collaborative –support national leaders and communities in realizing their dreams.
- Long term – build capacity for sustainable change in local communities.
- Collaborative and faith-based leadership style.
- Humility and authenticity.
- Passion for ministry and serving others.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and growth orientation.
- Networking and relationship building abilities.
- Decision making skills using data, sound judgment, reasoning and discretion.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills. Seeks to understand and able to resolve conflict.
- Partner focus and relationship building abilities.
- Effective planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong computer skills including video conferencing, Google Suite and CRMs.
- Sociable and has a sense of humor that cultivates a warm, fun team culture.
- Committed to a holistic gospel approach and the role of compassionate ministry in the life of the Christian. Committed to seeking justice for those in poverty. Supportive of relief and development as Christian outreach. Must be willing to sign the Tearfund Canada Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Statement.
- 5+ years of senior leadership/management experience, leading a team of other leaders. Previous exposure to the relief and development sector, preferred.
- University degree in a relevant field such as business, international development, theology, education, fundraising or ministry leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in business development with measurable results. Highly motivated toward achievement and surpassing prior goals.
- Experience in business process and/or business optimization; having worked or been exposed to the administrative and accounting functions of an organization. Must have financial management and budgeting experience with a similarly sized organization.
- An understanding of the complexities and pain points of the back office in a charitable organization, preferred.
- Previous experience facilitating the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
- Able to travel internationally.
- Experience reporting to and collaborating with an engaged board, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted and cooperative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Location: Markham, Ontario (preferred, but open to hybrid or remote)
Application Deadline: March 7, 2024
Start Date: April 2024
Salary Range: $135,000 - $155,000
APPLY online at nelsonandkraft.com/jobs with your cover letter and resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.