Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor
|Date Posted||February 13, 2023|
Position Title: Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor – Full-time employment
Reporting to: Children’s Pastor, Senior Lead Pastor and Board of Elders
The Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor will assist in providing spiritual and organizational leadership for all aspects of The Campus Church ministry to children (infant through grade 5).
Ministry Focus: The Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor will assist in developing programing and ministry to children and parents appropriate to the overall vision of The Campus Church. The Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor will also partner with the youth ministries to foster a culture of continuity between the various family ministries. This includes supporting ministry transitions from GR 5 to Jr High Youth Ministry, as well as providing discipleship opportunities by incorporating youth volunteers within the Children’s ministry.
The Children’s Ministry Associate Pastor will collaborate with the Children’s Pastor and other pastoral staff in church-wide ministry opportunities from time to time for the sake of growing connections with the greater church and community. The role requires a high capacity for building and developing teams, vision casting, and managing multiple programs and tasks simultaneously.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Sunday morning Kids ROCK Program and mid-week programs
- Assist with overall leadership to Children’s ministry which includes volunteer teams, children and parents as assigned.
- Assist with recruitment, screening, and training volunteer teams.
- Assist with children’s ministry communication (phone calls, email, newsletter) as assigned.
- Participate in scheduling and volunteer team management as assigned.
- Teach and facilitate programming as assigned.
- Discipleship and Administration
- Assist in developing discipleship strategy for children that presents the gospel clearly and encourages spiritual growth.
- Assist in developing yearly themes, curriculum, and ministry goals in Children’s ministry.
- Maintain and help develop Children’s ministry policies and procedures ensuring Plan to Protect practices are being observed.
- Assist in administrating Children’s ministry budget as approved by the board.
- Distribute resources and ministry materials as assigned.
- Participate in maintaining kid spaces and equipment at all Campus Church sites.
- Ensure classrooms are well equipped and organized.
- Family and Special Outreach Events
- Collaborate with core ministry leaders to develop regular, special family events.
- Participate in developing opportunities to incorporate Children’s ministry into corporate special events such as Christmas and Easter.
- Community Care
- Participate in welcoming and connecting with new families who visit our church.
- Diligently build caring relationships with children.
- Commit to pray for the children at The Campus Church.
- Communicate with parents as needed.
- Day Camp
- Support and promote summer camp initiatives.
- Participate in developing Day Camp programming and staff as assigned.
- Provide leadership and participation in Day Camp as assigned.
- Participate in Day Camp staffing initiatives including interviews as assigned.
- Assist in follow up initiatives with participating families to encourage connection and further ministry.
- As appropriate and able, be a visible, supportive, participating presence in all major church functions.
- Provide one-to-one ministry as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and training activities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in theological studies preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in Children’s Ministry.
- Give evidence of a maturing Christian life, including the manifestation of Christ like character, a servant heart, a shepherd’s heart, the exercise of personal spiritual disciplines, and a commitment to serving Christ in His Kingdom.
- Possess a passionate heart for Christ and family ministry.
- Maintain a healthy personal, marital, family, and social life.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well with adults, children and youth alike.
- A team player, respecting and supporting fellow staff/colleagues, the leadership of the church, volunteers, and the Board of Elders.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrate innovative leadership.
- Strong communication, coaching and organization skills.
- Support the Constitution and Statement of Faith of The Campus Church.
- Be or become a member of The Campus Church.
- Participate in the AGC credentialing process to obtain ministry accreditation within the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada.
Inclusions in resume:
- Your current, active life with Christ.
- Describe your strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Include your approach to discipleship for children.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only successful candidates from the first step of the application process will be contacted for the next step. References will be requested for candidates proceeding to the next step.