|Date Posted||February 11, 2020|
Position Details: 8-week, paid contract supervisory position. The employee will provide leadership to the Family Camp Children's Ministry. The position start date is June 2020 and the end date is August 8, 2020.
Major responsibilities are they supervision/planning or everyday duties to be fulfilled: Including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Organizing, coordinating, and preparing all aspects of Children’s ministry during Family Camp
- The selection and planning of curriculum, the organization of crafts, games, music, etc for all age groups (nursery thru age 11 years)
- Facilitating and leading one of the age groups of the children's ministry daily during all 4 weeks of family camp
- Organizing and scheduling summer staff to support children’s ministry
- Overseeing the organization and facilitation of the program and schedule of summer staff for Wee Care (evening child care)
- Overseeing the organization and facilitation of the program and schedule of summer staff for Smorg night childcare
Regular responsibilities may include:
- Setting up and taking down of program elements ie. games, props etc. and assisting in implementing program events as requested by the Recreational Program staff
- Supporting Staff Care events throughout the summer as requested
- Providing leadership support to Staff Care Personnel and Recreational Program Director with junior staff (ie. leading devotions, participating in staff chapel, providing accountability in the dorms)
- Participate in a weekly changeover cleaning team, as well as perform regular cleaning tasks as required.
- Assisting in other departments such as Spin Shop and Tuck Shop etc as requested.
- Provision of staff accommodation and meals for the duration of the work term stated in the official job offer.
- Equipment (sound, sport, administration) and materials will be available as either equipment on- hand or as consumable materials according to budgets.
- Selection of the curriculum to be made by the Children’s Ministry staff with input from the General Director
- Required for 8 weeks of the summer - Early arrival in June, Training Week, Explorer Camp and all 5 weeks of Family Camp.