Children’s Ministry Intern
|Location||82 Westheights Drive, Kitchener, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2023|
Westheights Community Church is looking for an energetic young adult (ages 18-25) with a love for Jesus and a passion for Children’s Ministry to join us for 12-16 weeks this summer. This role is focused on both the contributions of the Children’s Ministry Intern into the life of our church as well as the growth and development of the individual. The Children’s Ministry Intern will be expected to participate in Be In Christ Church of Canada’s Flow Internship (flowinternship.com) as well as mentoring alongside experienced leaders.
The Children’s Ministry Intern will:
- be the ministry assistant to the Pastor of Children’s Ministries and will direct Westheights Kids when the Pastor of Children’s Ministries is absent.
- plan for and equip ministry volunteers for weekly ministry for 3-5 different age groups.
- give leadership to one of the age groups as needed.
- plan and implement 1-2 kids or family/parent-equipping events.
- be available to attend summer transition events, such as student ministry events, to assist with supervision.
- work with the Pastor of Children’s Ministries on volunteer appreciation and social media projects.
- assist with other duties at Westheights, as needed.
Time Frame & Remuneration
- This role is for 12-16 weeks, beginning as soon as possible in May 2023.
- Flow Retreats are June 6-9, July 17-19, & August 14-16. Retreat hours will replace regular work hours on those weeks.
- The remuneration for this role is $17 per hour.
- This position is for 16 hours per week.
- Due to the ministry nature of this position, Sunday mornings will be categorized as expected work time. Because this position will also require some evening and other weekend hours, the weekly schedule will be flexible. It is expected that the Intern will take at least two days per week away from work related to this role. The remainder of the hours will be scheduled cooperatively with the Pastor of Children’s Ministry and the Lead Pastor.
Vibrant Christian faith. Growing leadership skills. Passion for work with kids and young families. Clean vulnerable sector check. Willingness to learn and try new things.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Children’s Ministry Intern” in the subject line. A brief video introduction of yourself and your interest in the position would be appreciated, but not required.