|82 Westheights Drive, Kitchener, Canada
|January 25, 2024
Westheights Community Church is looking for an energetic young adult (ages 18-25) with a love for Jesus and a passion for Children’s Ministry to join us this spring and summer. This role is focused on both the contributions of the Children’s Ministry Intern into the life of our church as well as the growth and development of the individual.
The Children’s Ministry Intern will:
- be the ministry assistant to the Pastor of Children’s Ministries and will direct Westheights Kids when the Pastor of Children’s Ministries is absent.
- plan for and equip ministry volunteers for weekly ministry for 3-5 different age groups.
- give leadership to one of the age groups as needed.
- plan and implement 1-2 kids or family/parent-equipping events.
- be available to attend summer transition events, such as Student Ministry events, to assist with supervision.
- work with the Pastor of Children’s Ministries on volunteer appreciation and social media projects.
- Work with the Pastor of Children’s Ministries to plan fall Kick-off program
- assist with other duties at Westheights, as needed.
Time Frame & Remuneration
- This begins in early May and ends on Sunday August 27, 2024.
- The remuneration for this role is $17 per hour.
- This position is for 16 hours per week.
- Due to the ministry nature of this position, Sunday mornings will be categorized as expected work time. Because this position will also require some evening and other weekend hours, the weekly schedule will be flexible. It is expected that the Intern will take at least two days per week away from work related to this role. The remainder of the hours will be scheduled cooperatively with the Pastor of Children’s Ministries and the Lead Pastor.
Vibrant Christian faith. Growing leadership skills. Passion for work with kids and young families. Clean Vulnerable Sector Check. Willingness to learn and try new things.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at email@example.com with “Children’s Ministry Intern” in the subject line. A brief video introduction of yourself and your interest in the position would be appreciated, but not required.