Children’s Ministry Pastor
|Location||5440 16th Avenue, Markham, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2023|
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and the World. We do this together through our Gatherings, our Groups, our Giving and our Going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective, we group to put this inspired life into practice, we give to produce growth, and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
the bridge is looking for a Children’s Ministry Pastor who is passionate about kids and about leading a growing ministry. This role exists to provide ministry for children where they are loved, accepted and valued in Christ -- ministry that connects kids to God, to each other, and to the world – so that they will be transformed people impacting their world in Christ. The Pastor will be a high-capacity leader, responsible for a ministry of approximately 150 children from infancy to grade 5 and will oversee a growing team of approximately 60 volunteers.
Leadership & Vision:
- Develop, communicate, and execute a vision and ministry plan for children’s ministry.
- Ensure alignment with family ministries - growing families of faith.
- Provide pastoral and organizational leadership for children’s ministry.
- Mentor and supervise the Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant, working collaboratively towards the fulfillment of the goals and ministry plan for Children’s Ministry.
- Build and maintain a leadership structure that discovers, develops, deploys, and debriefs with volunteers to teach and mentor children.
- Build and maintain a Kidzone team through the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Identify and mentor children and youth to serve and become leaders within the ministry.
- Ensure that the “heart” of the ministry permeates the leadership teams.
- Communicate and inspire towards the vision, mission, and values of the bridge in the ministry.
- Cultivate a culture that values children and inspires them towards spiritual growth.
- Using the “gather, group, give and go” discipleship model, strategically lead children and their families into a deeper understanding of God and His word.
- Collaborate with the staff and volunteers to ensure strategic transitions between ministries.
- Oversee all children's ministry environments, weekly programming, missions projects and discipleship events (e.g. family events, summer camp, etc.).
- Coordinate baby dedications and child care programs for church-wide events as required.
- Provide pastoral care to children and families.
- Partner with staff on family-oriented services and events.
Administration & Communication:
- Develop and manage the ministry budget and impact reports.
- Develop and maintain a communication strategy for the ministry.
- Provide direction to the Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant on all administrative and communication requirements for the ministry (e.g. database management, calendar and room bookings, weekly email updates, communication requests, social media, etc.).
- Ensure safety through Plan to Protect and coordinate background checks.
- Participate in baptism services, staff meetings, retreats and other church events as required.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values.
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience in children’s ministry or similar experience.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma, or equivalent experience. Bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- A calling, passion and gifting for children’s ministry.
- Strong administrative and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build and motivate teams.
- Experience in a cross-cultural, multi-generational context.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in multi-staffed teams.
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and families, both verbal and written.
- A high capacity, energetic self-starter who can think strategically, adapt and problem-solve.
- Very good computer skills, i.e., proficient in MS Office, internet, social media, Zoom and database.
This is a full-time position; the successful candidate must be able to work Sundays.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the position, however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.