|January 10, 2024
This serves as a brief over-view of the position and responsibilities.
Location: Byron Community Church. 336 Glenrose Drive, London Ontario.
Mission: To help children in our community develop a friendship with Jesus, with the Bible, with the church, and with each other.
Time Commitment: Estimated to be roughly nine weeks and 360 hours, between mid-June and mid-August. The exact time commitment will be decided on between the Summer Program Director and their immediate supervisor.
Main Responsibilities: The summer program director recruits and trains volunteers to organise and execute a week of full day "theatre and arts camp." This program features a theatrical component where campers will work towards a final on stage performance, as well as daily arts and crafts time. Campers will display their art work at the end of week finale. The day includes daily chapel times, and other group activities. Furthermore, the summer program director is responsible for designing and implementing the week of “Four Fun Days” which takes place after the August long weekend. Four Fun Days is a half day program where each day is a different action packed theme such as makers day, messy day, or farm day. In addition, the summer program director is responsible for developing and leading the weekly Sunday school program throughout the summer for children in SK to grade 5. Finally, the summer program director will have the opportunity and freedom to plan and lead other events and activities throughout the summer that align with the mission and goals of the position.
Theatre & Arts Camp and Four Fun Days:
- Coordinate and implement daily schedule including group activities, chapel times, etc.
- Oversee the theatre clubs
- Promote the camp through various means, such as: flyers, social media, e-mails, etc.
- Register participants for the program
- Recruit, equip, and oversee volunteers for all aspects of the program
- Develop and lead the weekly Sunday School program
- Work in partnership with all staff, and collaborate with immediate supervisor
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
- Log and report hours, and track and report the summer program budget
- Attend weekly Sunday services during employment
- Communicate with volunteers, and lead training sessions and daily team meetings during camp
- Connect and Communicate with parents/guardians
For further information, or to submit your resume, e-mail Pastor Josh: Joshua@ByronCommunityChurch.com.