Christian Embassy International Representative
|Location||85 Albert Street, Ottawa, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 3, 2023|
Position Type: Full time; Permanent Job Region/Location: Ottawa, ON Reporting Relationship: Reports to Christian Embassy Executive Director Working Conditions: Face to face with leaders and in office Funding: Ministry Partner Development Apply Here: https://p2c.com/opportunities/#servewithce
Power to Change (P2C) Mission Statement
Power to Change seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
Christian Embassy (CE) Mission & Vision Statement
Inspiring leaders with the person and values of Jesus
Leaders everywhere living and leading wholeheartedly for Christ
The Christian Embassy of Canada is a source of information and inspiration for political, diplomatic and business leaders who are open to learning more about Jesus. By forging relationships of trust, the CE invests in leaders' professional, personal and spiritual lives, contributing to God’s will being done in Canada and the world.
The successful candidate will be held accountable to achieve the following:
Relationship Building (40%)
Leaders are discovering Jesus and choosing to live for Him.
- Initiate and develop trusted relationships with leaders
- Provide prayer, encouragement and spiritual counsel to individuals
- Actively share Christ with leaders
- Foster spiritual growth and devotion to God through prayer, fellowship, biblical reflection and leadership development
Leaders gathered will have felt needs met, be inspired and look to Jesus.
- Participate and collaborate with the team in organizing and facilitating excellent outreach events (luncheons, roundtables, webinars, business tours and international delegations)
- Initiate and coordinate an event
Training & Engagement (15%)
Leaders are pointing peers to Jesus.
- Inspire, equip and encourage leaders to reach out to those in their sphere of influence for Christ
- Equip leaders to make disciples, including inviting them to participate in CE outreach efforts, short-term projects in Canada and around the world
Personal Development (5%)
We are growing in love for God and our neighbours.
- Establish and pursue a growth plan in the spiritual, relational and personal dimensions of life
Education and Experience:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree as a minimum - a master’s degree or higher is beneficial
- International or cross-cultural ministry experience
- Leadership experience at local, national or international level
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Genuinely loving leaders and intentionally investing in their lives
- Initiating and persevering in developing trusted relationships with wisdom and humility
- Communicating professionally (written and verbal), with strong networking skills
- Connecting with leaders from different cultural backgrounds and political perspectives
- Skill in evangelism and discipleship and commitment to continued growth
- Spiritual maturity and discernment; understanding the times
- Self-motivated, team builder, ability to multitask, to work both independently and collaboratively, gracious and flexible
- Proficient with Google Workspace; strong administrative and organizational skills
- Commitment to respecting P2C’s leadership, methods and ministry models
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in English and French (written and verbal) and possibly other languages
- Knowledge of international protocol
This position requires Ministry Partner Development (MPD). The successful candidate will have the privilege to build a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry. The financial support will cover the costs of the candidate’s salary and ministry expenses. P2C believes that MPD is biblical and God will provide everything necessary to fulfill the calling into ministry: finances, emotional strength and perseverance. P2C is committed to providing training and coaching that ensures success in MPD.
The mission of Power to Change is to help people to know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. All P2C staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. It is a prerequisite of employment at P2C that any and all staff members and volunteers agree to, sign and in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents throughout their course of involvement at P2C. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.