|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
Church Custodian—Permanent part-time (20 hours/week)
Start date: mid-December 2022 or early January 2023
Kortright Presbyterian Church (KPC), a mid-sized, diverse church in Guelph, ON, is seeking a proactive, efficient church custodian who respects others’ religious and cultural beliefs.
You would provide church members, visitors, renters, and staff with a clean, orderly place to worship, gather, and work.
The custodian liaises with the office administrator and Maintenance Committee reports to the staff supervisor (lead pastor).
Church Custodian Responsibilities:
- Keep facilities welcoming by following the cleaning schedule and spot cleaning daily in all public areas, including the sanctuary, bathrooms, corridors, kitchen, gym, and meeting rooms and some offices.
- Follow proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Perform maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and restocking bathrooms, and making repairs.
- Ensure facilities are fully set up for meetings and other activities according to instructions.
- Take inventory of cleaners and other supplies and submit requests when items need to be replenished.
- Pick debris and garbage around the property, take out garbage and recycling and ensure all properties are clean and presentable.
- Interact with church staff, volunteers, renters, and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- Grade 10 (Grade 12 preferred).
- Previous custodial and maintenance experience is an asset.
- Knowledgeable about handling chemicals properly, safety procedures, and cleaning techniques and have the ability to make basic repairs.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must, with personal maturity and a willingness to serve.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and pass a police background check.
- Fluent in English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend.
- Strong communication, comprehension.
- Ability to work independently or with others and flexible to change tasks when required.
0-3 month rate–$18:75 per hour; job rate–$19 per hour
Applying for the position: To apply for the position, please send your resume and a letter saying why you want to work for a church, along with the names and contact information of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Convenor, Kortright Presbyterian Church, 55 Devere Drive, Guelph, N1G 2T3. No phone calls. Applications close December 2, 2022.