|Date Posted||November 15, 2023|
Communications Coordinator Position
The CC is responsible for the media and marketing support of the organization. This includes managing and updating the website design and operations, running social media campaigns and keeping a marketing strategy to best engage with Flyingbow’s community via social media platforms and the website. The CC will report to the Executive Artistic Director (EAD) and will support the social creative development of Flyingbow’s mission. They will be thoroughly committed to Flyingbow’s mission, vision, core values and objectives to establish, influence and support a culture of Christian values within the arts
- The CC is a follower of Jesus.
- Adhere to the Statement of Faith of Flyingbow.
- Is in community with other believers as an active, serving member of a local church.
- Strives to be a contagious witness for Christ.
- Is accountable to Flyingbow EAD (and a few other Christians) for encouragement, sharpening, and staying strong in the Lord.
- Maintain and update Flyingbow’s webpage for a user friendly experience and monitor software updates as needed.
- Responsible for creating and updating artist webpages as needed and creating new donor page links for artists as they come on board.
- Build and execute a social media/marketing plan for each quarter or on an annual basis to engage with Flyingbow’s current and potential community of supporters. The CC will also be responsible for responding to social media messages and inquiries and directing questions/connecting individuals to the appropriate Flyingbow team member.
- Aids in marketing and fundraising activities/events that increase the profile of Flyingbow as needed.
- Send out regular prayer/praise requests updates to your supporters.
- Assist with all aspects of communications (i.e. web presence, blog posts, social media initiatives and mailings).
- Access personal support raising training when available and appropriate.
Education and Experience
A minimum of one to three years of previous experience is suggested. Education in business, administration and working knowledge of non-profit/charitable organizations is an asset. This position requires good computer skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail and very organized. Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience would be beneficial. Character, personality, and organizational fit will also be considered.
Position Structure and Remuneration
Location: Guelph, home-based/virtual position with occasional in person meetings as permitted
Contract position – 100% support raised income.
Part-time 5-10 hrs/wk increasing according to need.
Those interested in joining the Flyingbow team, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in joining the Flyingbow mission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact this address with any other questions or inquiries.