|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Forever Families is a faith-based non-profit organization that is passionate about connecting, equipping and mobilizing churches across Canada to effectively journey with children, youth and families in hard places. The national charity facilitates intersectoral networking, training opportunities, and an online platform (CarePortal) to connect child welfare needs with local churches.
A Community Development Worker (term-up to 36 weeks) supports the organization with CarePortal development in a given region - in preparation, launching or sustaining growth. Depending on a region’s stage, tasks may vary but will include networking with local key stakeholders (agencies, churches, nonprofits, community members), administration, research, and online team meetings.
● Collaborate with the Regional Manager (RM) in strategic planning in a given region for the purposes of supporting local churches and agencies with CarePortal and online training.
● Research and identify strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities of a community for effectively caring for children and families in hard places.
● Network with local churches, agencies, non-profits, community members to listen and learn about the area, representing Forever Families
● Where applicable, invite new churches to participate in CarePortal development and activities.
● Where applicable, assist Church Team Leaders and Agency Representatives in using CarePortal technology.
● Where applicable, monitor CarePortal activity (agency requests & church responses) to support excellent user experience and help in troubleshooting. ● Collaborate with other Community Development Workers across Canada on national CarePortal projects that will support each region.
● Participate with the summer team in weekly mentoring sessions with the Executive Director.
● Help promote and participate in the 2021 Awareness Campaign.
● Other duties as required.
● Studies in Community Development, Social Work or related field preferred ● Experience in research, community development or outreach preferred.
● Understands the value of collaboration.
● A Christ-centred and holistic philosophy of ministry that aligns with the Organization’s purposes and mission is essential. Applicants should send a resume and one-page cover letter to Eric Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org). Potential start date: May 2021