|Date Posted||February 5, 2020|
Positions available: 3
Supervisor: Pastor of Community Engagement
Length of Time: Up to 16 weeks, up to 40 hours a week
Wage: $14.00 per hour
Hours of work: Sundays are mandatory, other hours will be completed as per programs. Weekend and evening work required.
Start date: May 4, 2020
End date: All hours to be completed by August 21, 2020
Our summer internship position is designed to give you a hands-on summer ministry experience working at a gospel-focused Church. You will be part of the ministry team at Forward and will plan, participate in, and/or lead in a variety of ministry settings. This internship is more than just running kids camps, it is designed so you will grow in Christ, seek to glorify God with your life and future pursuits, and be challenged to share the gospel. You will learn valuable skills as you grow in trusting God, in grace, in working with a team, in planning, in hard work and more. If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging summer this may be the position for you.
- You must be a person who loves Jesus, loves the gospel, have a servant's heart, is hard working, enjoys working with kids, works well in a team, loves the local church, is ready for an amazing summer and is ready to make it the best summer possible for others.
- Pass a vulnerable sector police check
- Be in agreement with Forward Baptist Church’s statement of beliefs and policies
Health and Safety Training:
The following certificate training will be provided to summer employees if required:
- First Aid and CPR training
- Ontario - Supervisor health and safety awareness in 5 steps - Certificate
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) - Certificate
- Worker Health and Safety Training - Certificate
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Training - Certificate
Supervision and Mentoring:
- Meet weekly in person with your direct supervisor for review and feedback about work.
- Meet weekly with church and summer staff for prayer, planning and discussion of ministry involvement.
- Summer Intern and Staff book study
- Meet multiple times in the summer with a mentor to provide coaching, encouragement, and feedback.
- Summer Camps:You will be responsible to co-direct 5+ summer camps: including planning, recruiting volunteers, registration of kids, directing, and implementing all aspects of the summer camp programs. Our camps focus on kids in JK through high school. Camps vary in length including half days, full days, and overnight. (See Job Description for more details: http://www.forwardbaptist.com/employment/ )
- Community drop-in playgroup - Above the Beach: This program is a parent/caregiver drop-in for kids aged 0-5. We meet on Tuesdays, 9:30 am - 11:30 pm, and have 65 + people each week. 95% of the people that attend our program walk from the immediate Beach Hill or East York community. You will participate on a weekly basis and will help with a variety of administrative and planning components of the program as needed.
- PA Day Camp - June 5, 2020: You will assist with leading, planning and participating in our PA Day Camp on June 7. We will have approximately 50 kids for the final PA Day Camp of the school year. The day includes gospel encouragement, baking, sport and lots more.
- Jr. Youth Programming (Grade 3 - 6): Assist in the planning and running of our monthly Jr. Youth events for students in grades 3-6. There will be one event in May and one in June on the 4th Friday of the month, 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
- Children's Programming: Assist with children’s programming for kids aged 0 - 12 on Sundays and other times as needed. You will assist in preparing the children's ministry curriculum for the summer and fall.
Other Ministry opportunities in the Summer:
Participate in other ministries through the summer. These will be shaped by immediate need and by the gifts and skills that God has given you. Examples include: Worship Teams, Tech Ministries, leading Bible studies, preaching, outreach, Ministry Appreciation Gala, Beach Hill Neighbourhood Association events, and the 100 Year Anniversary Street Party.
- Bulletin and print material - work with our Communications Director in designing and producing various print materials. Ex. bulletins, postcards, large signs, etc.
- Help with general office administration as needed. Ex, answering phones, doors, helping with mail, photocopying, etc.
- Programs we use: G-Suite, Easy Worship, Church Management Software, Publisher, Illustrator. (Training will be provided as needed.)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
For additional info or to send resume with cover letter: Contact: Aaron Woodhouse, 647-230-8915 or email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.