|Date Posted||May 20, 2020|
Highland Baptist Church has a summer employment opportunity with a focus on children’s ministry and summer programming. Main areas of responsibilities will include:
FunDay Summer Day Camp
Coordinate a low cost, week-long, online children’s summer program, for children in our community by:
- Planning, developing, leading and implementing the camp (July 20 – July 24)
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the event
Annual Kids Summer Day Camp
Assist with a free, week-long, (possibly online) children’s summer program, for children in our community by:
- Being a member of the summer camp planning team
- Assisting with planning, programming, volunteer recruitment, training, and advertising
- Being a program leader at the summer camp, with the possibility of leading music & drama (Aug 17 – Aug 21)
Community Events for Families
Coordinate creative, low-cost events for families in our community by:
- Planning, implementing, and attending the events
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the events
Weekly Children’s Program
Assist with our weekly, Sunday morning children’s program by:
- Providing programming and administrative support for the program, including creating online videos and/or taking part in live streamed Sunday morning events
- Teaching and assisting children in the program
Summer Youth Programs
Assist with and/or lead some summer youth activities (online or in person) by:
- Taking part in youth activities approximately once/week, including assisting with some of the planning
- Providing leadership and assistance to a week-long local youth service project (August 17 – August 21)
- Fostering relationships and community connections with youth
Assist with occasional administrative duties such as phone calls, responding to e-mails, promoting events, etc. in order to ensure that the above responsibilities are effectively carried out.
- This position is made possible through a grant from Canada Summer Jobs.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 30 years. This position is best suited for those who have completed high school and are pursuing post secondary education/opportunities.
- All events/duties listed above will follow the latest public health recommendations. In-person activities will only take place if and when it is safe to do so, otherwise all activities will take place online. Flexibility is required in order to adapt to the changing situation.
- The successful candidate will need the following: ability to work from home; reliable internet connection; laptop/computer in order to do video editing, online meetings, livestreaming, etc.
- This position requires competency in using online platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and a comfort with being in videos and taking part in live streamed programs.
- This is an eight week, thirty-five hour/week position, which will run from June 29 – August 21.
- The hourly rate is $16.00.
- The position will be supervised by the Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministries & Congregational Life.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter & resume to Amanda McCulloch: email@example.com
The final day to submit your cover letter and resume is Wednesday, June 3.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all those who are interested in applying for this position.
Highland Baptist Church
135 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON, N2M 3B9