|Location||4837 - 54 Street, Red Deer, Canada|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
October 26 – Approx. December 24, 2020 Salary Range: New Pay Band 3 Date posted: October 13, 2020 Location: The Salvation Army Red Deer Posting Expires: October 21, 2020 Applications Accepted By: Fax or E-mail: 403-342-5892 or email@example.com
Attention: Community Ministries Department
Please no phone calls. Mail: Taylor Poor
Community Ministries Coordinator
4837 - 54 Street Red Deer, AB T4N 2G5 JOB SUMMARY
The Community Services Worker assists individuals and families who are seeking aid and assistance from, or have been referred to, The Salvation Army.
POSITION OBJECTIVES (MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES)
· Provides spiritual guidance if clients/families request, and uses every opportunity to pray with and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with clients/families, enabling them to become part of the Body of Christ as appropriate.
· Conducts initial client intake assessments.
· Deal with clients in a caring and compassionate manner, treating them with respect and dignity.
· May provide budgeting guidance and/or trusteeship services for clients.
· Maintains confidentiality and keeps accurate client files and statistical records.
· Maintains accurate reporting and documentation of Link2Feed database.
· May receive (and/or decline) and sorts/organizes non-monetary donations.
· Works with the Community Ministries Coordinator to assist in the organization and implementation of Family Services Programs (i.e. Adopt-A-Family) – Heavy lifting required.
· Awareness and compliance with policies and procedures.
· May be required to support other Salvation Army Staff in other departments at the direction of Management.
· Attends staff meetings as scheduled.
· A team player; ability to work in a compassionate, respectful and non-judgemental manner
· Has responsibility for the wise use of his/her own resources.
· Responsible for his/her own time and effort.
· Other duties as required.
· Work environment is generally agreeable however may at times become stressful and require work with angry and abusive individuals.
· Completion of High School
· Completion of a Secondary School Diploma is an asset or additional specialized training of six (6) months.
· Additional training requirements include Universal Precautions, Non-violent Crisis Intervention training, Self-Care/Debriefing training and Food safety training to be completed in addition to workplace Health & Safety training.
· Able to lift more up to 50 pounds - The performance of the job requires a moderate amount of loading/unloading the vehicles, sorting donated goods, packing of food bags. Repetitive lifting/ packing.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
· Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word
· Adaptable to change and frequent interruptions
· Acceptable Criminal Record Check
· 1-3 years of prior related experience an asset; including experience in direct counselling environments, which may include issues of homelessness, mental health, unemployment, abuse, addiction, parenting and/or marriage.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
HOURS: 35 hours weekly (Must be flexible – the majority of the hours will be Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4pm, but occasionally weekends and evenings will be required due to various programs that we run in preparation for Christmas)
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.