|Location||Port Sydney, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2022|
Position Title: Summer Cook
Terms: Full time Seasonal Contract
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Port Sydney, ON
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp Ontario is seeking to fill a full‐time contract Summer Cook position (mid June – August). Pioneer Camp is owned and operated by Inter‐Varsity Christian Fellowship and has been in
operation since 1929. The purpose of this position is to provide quality food service to our campers, staff and guests in a manner that is consistent with the values and standards of Pioneer Camp and Inter‐
Varsity Christian Fellowship. The Summer Cook is responsible for all aspects of running a summer kitchen including the planning, preparation and serving of food to campers and guests, kitchen
cleanliness, inventory, ordering and supervision of kitchen volunteers.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to grow as a follower of Christ.
- 2 years related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, creative and artistic talent.
- Strong work ethic, customer service focused.
- Ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances.
- Food Handlers Course.
- Completion of or enrollment in a culinary program.
- 2 year related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment.
- WHIMS and Health and Safety training.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical demands include lifting and carrying 50lb sacks, moving and lifting heavy pots and pans and standing for long periods of time.
- Fun loving and flexible attitude.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to affirm InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.