|Date Posted||April 22, 2022|
Contact: Email resume and cover letter to: Cherry Victorino, email@example.com
Kentro Christian Network is an association of 50+ organizations involved in relief, development and justice who are committed to integrated, transformational development. The mission of Kentro is to promote unity and excellence
among all Canadian Christian relief and development organizations. As a Development & Engagement Assistant, you will support the Executive Director to research and explore funding sources and ultimately increase revenue.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and to be eligible the person must:
● Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
● Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
● Have a valid SIN at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Responsibilities: Work in coordination with the Executive Director to:
● Research and identify potential revenue sources, including members, subscribers, foundations, grants, donors, etc.;
● Prepare proposals for funding;
● Prepare reports and maintain good relationships with current and potential funders;
● Assist with deepening of engagement with existing members and subscribers;
● Track opportunities for revenue in Salesforce;
● Create a communications and solicitation plan for regular donors and potential donors;
● Create a communications and solicitation plan for potential members & subscribers;
● Identify and pursue possible new revenue streams.
Qualifications & Requirements:
● Completion of secondary education, preference 1-2 years post-secondary education;
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills;
● Volunteer/work experience and/or demonstrated interested in the relief and development sector, particularly in the area of fund development;
● Access and ability to use a personal computer for work tasks;
● Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word & Excel and Google Suite;
● Ability and motivation to work with a high degree of independence and enthusiasm;
● Excellent administrative and research skills;
● Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity;
● Willingness to work within and respect the values of a faith-inspired workplace and network that aligns with the English Language Liturgical Consultation version of the Nicene Creed.
● Flexible hours, approximately 30 hours/week
● 9-week contract starting June 6, 2022
● Work from home (must have access to a computer and reliable internet connection)
The application deadline is: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
** Kentro is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We encourage youth to apply who self-identify as being part of groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market.) We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please. Thank you.