|Location||Flexible, online, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
Empowering international students to impact the world through Jesus Christ.
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God wherever He leads them.
Digital Field Director will play the lead role in developing and implementing ISMC’s strategy for effective online ministry. A crucial component of this role will be the recruitment, development and overall leadership of a digital field team. ISMC views the Digital Field as an essential component (alongside our National Field and International Field) to fulfilling our vision of reaching every international student in Canada.
Position Type: Part-Time or Full-Time, Partnership Development Required
Funding: Require to raise their own support through Partnership Development
Location: Flexible in Canada
Accountable To: Global Catalyst
DIGITAL FIELD TEAM
- Recruit and develop a team of ISMC staff, volunteers, and students to create and implement overall digital strategies and content.
- Provide leadership and direction for the digital field team.
DISCOVERING, DEVELOPING, & DEPLOYING DIGITAL OUTREACH
- Diagnose ISMC’s digital/online presence and ministry effectiveness
- Discover and develop means for effective online ministry (i.e. city and national websites, Youtube channels, social media campaigns etc.)
- Effectively deploy strategies to reach students online (i.e. ways to reach new incoming students, digital evangelism, online discipleship, virtual leader development, returnee ministry, connect students to real people etc.)
- Create and curate relevant digital content (videos, interactive chats, Bible studies etc.) that can be accessed and used by ISMC
TRAINING AND COACHING ISMC STAFF
- Discover, develop and deploy accessible training for staff, volunteers and students to learn the field of digital mission
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to staff, volunteers and students
PERSONAL CHARACTER & COMPETENCY
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ; meets the leadership qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Exhibit an active and developing Christ-like character.
- Committed to Christ’s global cause in general, and international student ministry in particular.
- Committed to the national vision and mission of ISMC.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
- Heart of a servant leader.
- Experienced in serving internationals and have a clear understanding of the issues of ministry among international students
- Good people and intercultural relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to recruit, build and lead a team to fulfill the deliverables of the Digital Field
- Proven ability to coach and train ISMC staff, students and volunteers
- Forward thinking and able to implement change.
- Good understanding of social media sites and its features, especially Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube to reach international students.
- Proven ability to use social media for online outreach and ministry.
- Experience in creating digital/online content (campaigns, graphics, live streams, videos etc.) and effectively deploying them for social media sites.
- Good knowledge of website and app development and internet security
- Appreciable digital missionary experience and/or expertise.
To apply online: www.ismc.ca/work-at-ismc
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org