|Date Posted||November 15, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a passionate, collaborative, results-focused and driven Director of Marketing to meet YSM’s increasing need to expand our pipeline of prospective partners and donors and elevate YSM’s brand and overall awareness within Toronto, as well as diversify and expand the organization’s revenue-generating potential.
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, this pivotal leadership role will include responsibility for the following areas:
- Brand Development and Growth - act as the champion of YSM’s brand and combine strategic thinking, creativity, brand management and charitable sector knowledge to elevate brand recognition
- Website Strategy and Oversight – develop the website’s strategic direction and manage the content / creative to empower expanding site use, online effectiveness and visitor traffic
- Creative Services and Story Development – work with Directors of Development & Communications, Major Gifts and Impact Measurement to produce emotive stories and public reports to facilitate awareness and revenue generation across all fundraising channels, whilst strengthening communications and impact reporting
- Internal Brand Management – serve as the authority and head coach on the use of all branding elements and adherence to brand guidelines for internal brand understanding and consistency
- Leadership – contribute to YSM leadership as a member of YSM’s Ministry Leadership Team of Directors, and maintain a team of marketing students to support YSM’s marketing
- Develop and execute comprehensive PR plans, brand and website strategies in alignment with YSM’s mission, values and objectives, that enhance brand visibility and reputation
- Strategize plans and create communications for new and existing marketing initiatives including YSM’s sub and related brands; ReVISION PARTNERSHIP, Project: GENERAT1ON, as well as our to-be-developed ELEV8 by YSM housing and community development project
- Lead the development and execution of compelling narratives to captivate YSM target audiences
- Oversee the design of content and integration of website initiatives into YSM’s fundraising and programmatic strategies
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with YSM’s PR Agency and aligned media contacts and outlets while acting as a company spokesperson: proactively pitching stories of interest and relevance, and managing media inquiries and interview requests
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of brand awareness building initiatives, website performance and PR efforts over time
- Implement SEO best practices to generate increased organic traffic and improve search engine effectiveness
- Monitor and analyze industry trends to identify opportunities for strategic PR initiatives and other growth opportunities
- Participate in organizational strategic planning, milestone development and annual objective setting towards YSM’s goals
- Manage YSM’s internal brand toolkit with all brand components and developed examples of branded collateral for use by all YSM staff
- Liaise with Volunteer Resources, community colleges and universities to identify, onboard and train marketing students on a rotating basis
- Post-secondary education combined with 9+ years of relevant experience
- Superlative written and verbal communications skills
- Deep and abiding respect for people of all types, and the ability to tell compelling and respectful stories, from a trauma-informed perspective
- Discerning judgment and exemplary relationship development skills and a tangible, passionate desire to achieve the goals and objectives of Yonge Street Mission,
- Exceptional level of attention to detail
- Strong data analysis and project management skills; good time management capability
- Effective people management and coaching skills
- Professional demeanor and well evolved public speaking skills, in both large and small room settings
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: Until position is filled
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/231
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: November 15, 2023