|Location||806 Chelsea St., Brockville, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2021|
The Pier Christian Church is part of the larger Be In Christ Church of Canada. Our mission is to follow Jesus together, living and loving like Him. The role of Common Ground Director is a Pier Church staff role. As such, you will be part of the ministry team at the Pier.
Common Ground provides meals to those in the Brockville community who are looking for support and connection. The goal of Common Ground is to introduce people to the love of Jesus through compassion, relationship and meals and also to provide a clear path to the beauty of Christian community (whether the Pier, or other trusted local churches). Common Ground is dependent on God’s provision so we (Pier staff and Pier members) prayerfully seek God’s help for resources and connections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a strategy of contextually appropriate evangelism (introducing people to Jesus), through relationship, meal service and care
- A key part of this is overseeing and implementing a meal service each day, which includes food processing, preparation, and cooking, as well as strong volunteer delegation
- Maintain strong and clear communication with volunteers
- Develop and maintain a system of discipleship for Common Ground volunteers; This includes the recruitment and training of new volunteers
- Develop and maintain a strategy of guiding people into the local church (whether the Pier or other trusted local churches), which includes developing relationships with local churches
- Explore and develop our relationship to Loaves and Fishes, as we assist them in meal service
- Create and maintain relationships with local food sources
- Explore opportunities for applicable fundraising (events or grants)
- Help with outgoing Common Ground communication to the Pier community
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Deep personal relationship with Jesus, a love for people, and a love for the Church
- Agreement with Pier Values and the Articles of Faith and Doctrine of the Be In Christ Church of Canada
- A passion for evangelism and mission
- A humble and teachable spirit
- Strong (servant) leadership skills
- Able to carry and implement vision
- Able to plan and cook meals for a large group (or willing to learn)
- Experience coordinating and building up volunteers
- Previous ministry experience an asset (though not required)
Expectations & Accountability:
- A police check will be required upon hiring
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Maintain weekly communication with the Lead Pastor, including monthly one on one meetings
- Mandatory involvement in Pier Church activities including attending services, joining a Pier group, etc. Pier staff lead by example in prioritizing church life.
- This role is subject to semiannual reviews (every 6 months).
- 25 hours/week
- 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday, at Common Ground (may change post Covid)
- There is the possibility of some flexibility of location and timing as volunteer leaders are established who can function as point people when it is needed to step away from Common Ground for meetings, or other important work engagements
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (video “letters” are accepted) to Jason@thepier.church.