|Location||3885 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, Canada|
|Date Posted||April 13, 2022|
Our mission is to join with God in creating passionate followers of Jesus. Our vision is to “Time for Growth: Doubling our Impact by 2025”.
Director of Family Ministry
This position is responsible for the discipleship of kids from the youngest age to grade 5. As we value a holistic approach to discipleship, the care and resourcing of parents as the primary disciplers of their children is essential for the success of any kids ministry. This position is also responsible for mobilizing families to reach out to their community by offering kid-friendly outreach events.Position Title: Director of Family Ministry Reports To: Managing Director of Operations Schedule: 40 hrs/wk Status: Full-Time Employee: Start Date: July 2022
- Be an actively engaged member of the staff team;
- Model Staff Team Commitments; Humble, Hungry, Smart, Model, Laugh
- Engage in all church-wide ministry outreach events and when appropriate, mobilize the Springvale Kids ministry.
- Participate in staff meetings, prayer meetings, and semi-annual Members meetings.
- Development of a scalable volunteer ministry team that ensures ongoing recruitment, training and development of Team Members.
- Develop a leadership team of volunteers that can handle ministry responsibility and help you lead others.
- Team Members feel comfortable and empowered to serve in their sweet spot
- Connect with Team members to ensure they feel a sense of belonging, value, and appreciation.
- Cast vision clearly and frequently to all Team Members and parents to ensure ongoing alignment of values and goals.
- Annual ministry planning and budget for the ministry that includes evaluation and ongoing improvements.
- Partner with the Springvale Youth Director to implement ways to equip and engage parents through each respective ministry and to ensure effective handoff during the transitional year of grade 5.
- Stay up to date on issues that impact the family and strategize on how Springvale can help parents maneuver these issues.
- Implement systems, Safe Church policy and procedures to ensure unity, consistency, and safety across all environments, and efficient use of staff and team members.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all Springvale Kids discipleship environments on Sundays from nursery to grade 5. This includes;
- Ensuring Discipleship goals are implemented and evaluated regularly
- Curriculum selection and/or development
- Program structure
- Ensure the Gospel is presented clearly
- Maximize our Kids Ministry facility for outreach.
- Run 2-3 outreach events a year. This may include Adventure Camp
- Plan and implement 1-2 events that equip parents to shepherd their kids well on culturally-relevant topics.
- Manage all Springvale Kids social media accounts.
- Work with the Big Buddy Coordinator to care for those kids with exceptionalities.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and confidence in Scripture
- Able to have crucial conversations with a balance of grace and truth.
- Connect with families in crisis for pastoral care and to connect them to resources.
- Champion unity throughout the church family
- Kids in our Sunday environments demonstrate an understanding of our discipleship goals in each age group.
- Volunteers are equipped, valued and invested in.
- We are trusted by parents and members of the community by providing safe environments with trained volunteers.
- Get to know as many of the kids/families as possible that pass through that program.
- Parents are equipped to disciple their families.
- Heart and passion to see kids and families grow in their relationship with the Lord.
- Demonstrate strong spiritual health
- Resolve conflict biblically
- Understand and live out healthy boundaries
- Display a high sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Able to maintain healthy relationships within and across ministries
- Effective communication skills (written, interpersonal and verbal)
- Able to relate and interact with both kids and adults and hold conversation with each in a professional manner.
- Capable of reading a situation and problem solving in the moment
- Must be organized and able to multitask. Attention to detail is key.
- Able to work on their own and as a team.
Required Education and Experience
- Professed faith in Jesus Christ demonstrated by biblical fruit in their life.
- BS or BA or minimum of 5 years’ experience leading kids’ ministry.
- Experience leading volunteer teams.
- Experience leading paid staff (preferred, not required)
- Knowledge of child development and current kids’ culture
All qualified individuals must meet the above job-specific requirements, in addition to the following requirements for all staff members of Springvale:
- Attend a Sunday service on a weekly basis
- Be passionate about a relationship with God and the Springvale family
- Baptized as a follower of Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm Springvale’s Statement of Faith, including our view on baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Springvale Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.