|Location||31944 Sunrise Crescent, Abbotsford, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2022|
Director of Finance – Tabor Home Society
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Tabor Home Society.
Today in BC, seniors outnumber children, a trend that will only accelerate in the decades to come.
Tabor Village is looking to the future and embarking on strategies to meet the needs and demands of senior care, from independent living, to assisted living, to complex care. To that end, Tabor Home Society seeks a Director of Finance with a passion and drive to be an innovative leader in senior health care.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance, as part of the management team, is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling financial services for Tabor Home Society and its operating divisions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Fraser Health Authority guidelines.
Tabor Village, a faith-based not-for-profit, founded in Abbotsford by members of Mennonite Brethren churches in Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, has been caring for seniors for nearly 60 years. With over 400 employees and staff, Tabor Village is dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest by being committed to their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
From its small beginnings as a 39-bed care home, Tabor Village today offers independent living, assisted living and complex care in four separate residences on two campuses: Tabor Home – A complex care facility with 118 beds; Valhaven – A complex care facility with 26 beds; Tabor Court – An assisted living residence with 104 units; Tabor Manor – A 38-unit independent living apartment
The in-dwelling love of God, the transformation character of Jesus Christ and the inner energizing of God’s Spirit are the key dynamics which inspired our founders and our present leadership who have continued to provide service to seniors.
Tabor Village is at the forefront of seniors care and innovation, an employer of choice, a charity of choice, with an increased number of volunteers and a renewed campus of care.
- Participates in reviewing and addressing site-wide administrative issues as a member of the Tabor Home Society Management Team.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, and evaluating finances, accounting and budgeting at Tabor Home Society, within the parameters of the approved strategic plan and the direction of the Executive Director (ED).
- Analyzes current financial indicators and trends, and advises the Executive Director and the Board’s Finance Committee on strategies to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Responsible to ensure the preparation of annual budgets in accordance with sound financial principles, the strategic plans of Tabor Home Society, and the financial goals established by the Management Team and the Board.
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, periodic, and year-end financial statements, and provides relevant detail and interpretation to the ED, the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors, including reporting on significant variances from budget.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate preparation for year-end financial audits and implementing recommendations as agreed upon by the auditors, the ED and the Finance Committee.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of effective financial controls as required by the auditors, government agencies, the Finance Committee, and the ED, including purchasing policies, signing authority protocols, payroll procedures and other control systems.
- Responsible to ensure the timely and accurate submission of financial reports required by the ED, Tabor Board, Tabor Finance Committee, Fraser Health or other government agencies.
- Advises on investment and borrowing strategies and implements investing and borrowing decisions as directed by the ED and the Finance Committee.
- Hires, coaches, evaluates, and terminates finance management staff and makes recommendations on the optimum utilization of finance personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Completion of an accounting designation, C.P.A.
- Minimum of seven years recent experience in a senior accounting position or a combination of education and accounting experience considered acceptable by Tabor Home Society.
- BC long term health care experience preferred.
- Personal beliefs and values are in harmony with the values of Tabor Home Society and its Board of Directors.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current applicable legislation and professional standards.
- Ability to analyze, plan and manage within fiscal, physical and human resource constraints.
- Working knowledge of computerized financial and accounting systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal and productive working relationships and to communicate in a cooperative and responsive manner.
- Demonstrated initiative in keeping abreast of advances in accounting and information technology services through active participation in continuing education and professional self-development.
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022 or until a suitable candidate is determined
Start Date: April 1, 2022 or sooner
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.