|Date Posted||July 17, 2023|
Director of Finance & Corporate Services – Mission Services of London
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Mission Services of London
Mission Services of London (MSL) is looking for a relational and improvement-oriented strategic leader to join their team as Director of Finance & Corporate Services.
The Director of Finance & Corporate Services will be directly responsible for all financial operations of MSL. You will provide financial leadership, manage budgets, oversee accounting functions, conduct forecast analyses and monitor corporate credit.
As a senior leader, you model MSL’s values and support their strong organizational culture. Day-to-day, you are expected to demonstrate strategic focus, collaboration, and resourcefulness. You will implement and maintain policies, protocols, and processes that align your team’s work to MSL’s mission and strategic priorities. As well, you will support the Executive Director in working with the MSL Board of Directors.
If you are a financial leader with a fund accounting background, can thrive in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment, and have a set of values and convictions that align with MSL, we would love to hear from you!
- Professional accounting designation (CPA), preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in management/administration, accounting or commerce.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience with at least 3 years in management.
- Experience in a non-profit environment, preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Quadrant and HRIS.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, an asset.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
Whether it’s providing emergency shelter for an individual or family, or caring for those with mental health needs, Mission Services of London (MSL) is there with a message of hope through faith. MSL is a Christian faith-based social service agency with a focus on serving neighbours who struggle with poverty, addictions, mental illness and homelessness. They provide food, shelter, clothing, crisis intervention, shelter diversion and more.
Mission Services of London opened its doors in January 1951 when fourteen Mennonite families purchased and renovated a home at 536 Talbot Street to provide shelter, food and care for men experiencing homelessness.
Since that time, MSL has helped thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds. Today they operate:
- Community Mental Health Programs - outreach services
- Men's Mission - an emergency shelter
- Mission Store - a social enterprise
- Quintin Warner House - an addiction treatment centre
- Rotholme Family Shelter - an emergency shelter
Many men and women tell how their lives have been changed significantly as a result of the love, care and respect they received from MSL during difficult periods of their lives. A little help can make a great deal of difference.
To learn more about the work of MSL, visit their website.
Location: London, ON (hybrid)
Application Deadline: open until a suitable candidate is determined
Start Date: TBD
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “MSL – Director of Finance & Corporate Services” in the subject line.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.