|Date Posted||May 13, 2020|
The Director of Ministry Continuity is a temporary position charged with the specific task of managing the church’s transition out of restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They will maintain an up-to-date assessment of government and public health guidelines, develop an over-arching plan for the recovery of church operations and ministry programs including health & safety policies, and implement the resourcing and training required for staff and congregation.
Accountability: The Director of Ministry Continuity reports to the Associate Pastor and is accountable to the Senior Pastor. The Director of Ministry Continuity will submit a one-year ministry plan and incremental (e.g. monthly) reports on progress with course corrections to the plan based on evolving circumstances. He/she will also submit and maintain an appropriate budget.
Status: Temporary Full-Time (40 Hours per Week)
1-Year Contract to be reassessed with consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic status.
Remuneration: Salary/benefits established by the Ministry Board and reviewed annually.
Works closely with: Pastoral Staff, Office Staff, and Congregation.
Supervises: Supervises and gives direction as appropriate to lay Volunteers.
- Biblically qualified as a Deacon/Deaconess: 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1:6-9. (if married, spouse must also meet the Biblical standard)
- M.B.A. or equivalent graduate level degree from an accredited college or university
- Ten years or more of Project Management experience with a track record of success
- Excellent organizational and communications skills; friendly, patient and gracious with church attendees.
- Strong leadership ability with demonstrated history of coaching others for success
- Experience in Public Health field is an asset
- Experience in Church Ministry is an asset
- Models an active and growing Christian faith, character, lifestyle, and testimony.
- Committed to follow and champion the Doctrines, Covenants, Mission, and Core Values of CCBC.
- Spiritually mature; a team player; an accountable servant-leader with a teachable spirit.
- An active or contingent CCBC Member, or a member in good standing of a Bible-believing local church
- assess risk and foresee potential issues, providing strategy to maneuver against them
- understand the dynamics of City Centre’s specific range of ministry and operations and identify priorities
- develop (and modify existing) health, safety and security policies to properly incorporate new best practices in light of the pandemic experience
- liaise with government and public health officials
- stay informed on practices of and cooperate with other churches and partner organizations
- train staff, volunteers and congregation on new policies and practices
- work in conjunction with Director of Technical Ministries to modify IT systems as needed
- work in conjunction with Director of Communication to roll out messaging and training
- work in conjunction with Director of Administration to update policies and procedures
Send your resume to email@example.com as soon as possible.