|Date Posted||June 17, 2022|
The Church of St. Luke – Lutheran
3200 Bayview Ave.
Toronto, ON M2M 3R7
Director of Music Ministry Job Description
Please submit a cover letter, resume and possible links to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Accepting applications through 08/15/2022***
“At the Church of St. Luke Lutheran, our Vision is to see Jesus Christ at the centre of life for everyone in our community.”
Title: Director of Music Ministry
Terms of Employment: Part-time position, average of 10-15 hours per week.
Audition & Interview required. Audition will include organ/piano performance of 2 pieces, (7-10 minutes). When possible, Audition will also include direction of choir members in a song that they are familiar with (10-15 minutes). Interview with Senior Pastor to follow Audition components.
Salary: $12,000-$15,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Purpose: To provide leadership and support for the Church’s music programs.
Accountability: Accountable to the Senior Pastor.
• Bachelor of Music Degree or Certification is preferred, but not
required. (In lieu of a Bachelor of Music/Cert., links to recent work are required.)
• Have a wide range of knowledge in sacred music and worship planning.
• Have a high level of musicianship and choral/instrumental conducting ability.
• Knowledge of and ability to implement choral vocal technique.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Work well with others.
• Willingness to explore innovative ways of growing the music ministry, especially multi-cultural expressions of music in worship.
• Pass standard staffing background check.
• Rehearse and conduct the adult choir once per week. More rehearsals may be needed during Christmas and Easter seasons. (Choir typically sings at 2 Sunday services per month.)
• Recruit and maintain music personnel and choir members.
• Musical accompaniment (Organ, Piano, and/or other instruments) for weekly 10:00 am Sunday worship service.
• Review, select and purchase music that follows the church lectionary and reflects a diversity of styles.
• Consult with Pastor & worship staff on hymn selection.
• Oversee music budget.
• Arrange for maintenance and tuning of pianos and organ as needed.
• Maintain music library.
• Stay current on Covid pandemic information and safety protocols, especially for singers.
• Be flexible with “in person” versus “virtual” services. Knowledge of and experience with basic audio/video technology is a significant plus.
• Other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor.
All resumes, cover letters, and links to recent performance work may be Emailed to email@example.com. Phone inquiries may be made @ 416-221-8900.