Director of Philanthropy – BC
|Date Posted||February 23, 2023|
Director of Philanthropy - BC – Opportunity International Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Opportunity International Canada
Opportunity International Canada (OIC) is looking for a driven and relational fundraiser to join their team as Director of Philanthropy - BC.
As a leader of the Philanthropy Team at OIC, the Director of Philanthropy - BC is responsible to maintain and grow a portfolio of major donors that includes individuals, businesses, private foundations, and community groups. In coordination with the VP of Philanthropy, the incumbent will develop a regional strategy to maintain relationships with existing donors, as well as identify and qualify new, prospective donors; cultivating authentic and meaningful relationships which will lead to growth of revenue. Philanthropy Team members have a deep and abiding passion for the mission of Opportunity International and its commitment to economic, spiritual, and social transformation. Additionally, Philanthropy Team members adhere to a Biblical model and philosophy of fundraising and financial stewardship.
If you are a gifted in major donor fundraising, have financial acumen, and are passionate about the work and values of OIC, we would love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum.
- CFRE designation, an asset.
- 3-5 years of successful not-for-profit fundraising.
- Proven track record demonstrating an ability to raise major gifts greater than $10,000 from private donors.
- Highly organized with a high degree of technological proficiency including experience with fundraising systems; preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience in developing new relationships in a region while managing competing deadlines and attaining goals.
- Financial acumen that includes both budgeting and a basic understanding of financial statements.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the organization and cultural philanthropy using a proactive, innovative, and entrepreneurial approach to fundraising.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings; schedule is often determined by donor availability and/or fundraising events.
- Must be willing to work long hours to reach fundraising deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to meet with potential donors across the region.
- Must be willing to travel internationally as needed.
- Must align with the Christian values and convictions of OIC.
Opportunity International Canada is a registered Canadian charity that empowers families along their journey out of extreme poverty to new lives filled with strength, hope, resilience, and the power to achieve their dreams.
Opportunity International designs, delivers, and scales innovative financial solutions that help families living in extreme poverty build sustainable livelihoods and access quality education for their children. We equip families with the tools and training they need to build their business, improve their harvests, provide for their families, send their children to school, and break the cycle of poverty.
For further information, please visit our website with this link.
Location: Lower Mainland, BC (remote)
Application Deadline: March 27, 2023
Start Date: TBD
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.