|Location||1891 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Canada|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2023|
Director of Worship and Communications - Part Time (20 Hours a week)
As Director of Worship and Communications, you will provide leadership, vision and implementation of all aspects of the worship services and communications at Forward Baptist Church.
- Gives evidence of a sincere and mature commitment to Christ
- Has excellent people skills, enabling him/her to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Proficiency in playing music and leading worship
- Must have experience with technical aspects of worship: soundboards, A/V operations
- Has practical experience in planning worship and is able to effectively lead worship and encourage strong congregational singing
Worship Director (75%)
- Effectively lead, plan and implement all aspects of Sunday worship services and special services (i.e. Easter, Christmas, Anniversary, Funeral).
- Partner with Ministry Team and worship leaders to craft order of service
- Meet weekly with Ministry Team for prayer and planning, ensuring worship services are well organized and align with sermon message and vision of the church.
- Identify, evaluate and develop gifted individuals and teams in the areas of technology (sound, livestream, projection, video editing), music, and other creative arts.
- Lead weekly music rehearsals
- Planning Center Online - use for order of services and scheduling
- Maintain the song database
- Complete scheduling for worship, tech, and host teams
- Create development opportunities for musicians and technicians
- Look for ways to encourage creative expression as an act of worship within our church family through music, art, and other creative means (including all ages)
- Maintain, update and oversee the implementation of worship technology
- Ensure pianos are tuned regularly
Communications - Internal/External (20%)
- Create text, graphic, and video content to effectively communicate content both internally and externally.
- Use a variety of internal and external mediums (email, social media, websites, printed materials, bulletin boards, Google calendar etc.) to effectively communicate and support the Ministry at Forward Baptist Church
- Prepare funeral bulletins and other church brochures and documents as needed
- Maintain Church website and Google Event Calendar
- Publish and distribute annual reports in partnership with Church Clerk
Administration/Additional Duties (5%)
- Submit monthly updates to the Deacons’ Board and Elders
- Along with all other Church staff, participate in church life by attending services and being a part of a small group.
- Other duties as assigned
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com or for additional information please call Aaron Woodhouse, 647-230-8915.
Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.