|Date Posted||May 14, 2020|
Ebenezer CRC In Jarvis On. is praying for the individual who will help us to build disciples for Christ in and through our youth and young adults. This new staff position is full-time and is focused on the spiritual formation of youth and young adults.
Ebenezer Christian Reformed Church
139b Talbot St E Jarvis,
ON N0A 1J0
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried
TERMS: Permanent full-time position, to be reviewed annually, with the approval of Council. General
Purpose of Position: To build disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth and young adult ministries (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision: The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries reports to the Elders for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Elders, in cooperation with the Education Committee, provides an annual evaluation of the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries performance.
The Primary Task: Develop a dynamic youth ministry that encourages the youth in Ebenezer to develop a healthy relationship with God and challenges them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in Ebenezer CRC and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth, as well as make yourself available to youth and young adults, in order to aid in developing their leadership skills.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources. Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of all church leaders and staff and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Implement intergenerational activities within the congregation (Bible study, mentoring nights, etc.)
- To be involved in the youth educational and leisure programs (VBS, Summer Blast, Catechism, etc.)
- Play an active role in the Education committee, as well as meet monthly with your mentor.
- Encourage Youth and Young Adult involvement in our worship services
- Initiate and maintain a Young Adults ministry program (17 years-old to 30 years-old)
- Maintain a relationship with the Youth while they are away to university/college.
- Ensure that the Safe Church Policy is observed in all youth and children’s ministry settings
- To be a member of Ebenezer CRC as well as attend Sunday worship services
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry and advise and support the children’s ministry programs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
- Experience in Youth Ministry is an asset
- Must be a Professing member of a Reformed Church
- Must have Post-secondary education in a Youth/Ministry related field.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual salary dependent on experience and qualifications