|Date Posted||January 10, 2022|
Lighthouse Community Church is seeking a motivated individual to engage with the youth of our community through the position of Director Youth Ministries. The role of the Director Youth Ministries, is to enhance the ministry of Lighthouse by leading and engaging with the youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, both in Lighthouse and the greater community. This is an incredible opportunity for an individual to use their mentorship and ministry skills to make a difference in the lives of this next generation. Joining this ministry is an open opportunity to see where God will lead us together as we grow in relationship with each other and Him. Creativity and energy will be an asset as this position works to accomplish this goal through programs, events, education and relational leadership.
This is a one-year full-time contract position to journey with the community through the season of transition and searching for a lead pastor. Offering 40 hours per week and reports to the Interim Pastor who works harmoniously with the Leadership Team, until the hire of permanent lead pastor.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience in a church or corporate setting
- Minimum education post-secondary diploma or degree in youth ministries or equivalent OR relevant work experience in children and youth ministries
- Mature and effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of technology including presentation software, social media and communication platforms.
- Possesses the skills to train, direct and support volunteers
- To be intentionally growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- To commit to Lighthouse and be involved as an active participant of this community, valuing our vision and values.
- To display professionalism and discretion as a staff member that is a constant presence and voice of the wider church community.
- To have integrity and honesty in recording hours during the weeks as this position requires some evenings and flex-hours, including evenings and weekends
Interested applicants are encouraged to send the following information:
- A cover letter expressing why they believe they are a good fit for this position
- A current resume
- Contact information for up to two references
Apply at email@example.com.