|175 Holiday Inn Dr, Cambridge, Canada
|December 15, 2023
Donor Stewardship Manager Job Posting
Division: Heritage College & Seminary
Job Location: Head Office
Reports to: President
About Heritage College & Seminary
Heritage College & Seminary exists to glorify God by partnering with churches in providing a biblically-based education equipping men and women for life and ministry in the church and in the world.
Formed in 1993 from the merger of two respected institutions, Heritage has a rich history in providing academic excellence in the delivery of programs that help to shape biblical insight. The school is a place of worship that celebrates and cultivates God-given talents that make it possible for its graduates to Major in the Word of God, so they can help churches make a world of difference.
About the Role
Heritage College & Seminary is seeking an experienced Donor Stewardship Manager to join the Heritage family in fulfilling its mission of advancing the Lord’s church through undergraduate and graduate programs and continuing education.
This newly developed position, reporting to the president will play a crucial role in advancing the mission of Heritage College & Seminary by developing, implementing, managing, and executing all fundraising activities to secure financial support from various sources including individuals, corporations, and foundations. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in fundraising, excellent communication skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to work collaboratively. The role requires a strong commitment to ethical practices and maintaining high standards of professionalism.
- Lead the development and execution of a dynamic and comprehensive fundraising strategy that increases annual revenues from gifts, aligned with the institution's goals and priorities.
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership to identify emerging funding needs and strategic opportunities.
Donor Cultivation and Relations
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with major donors and legacy donors. Donors may be individuals, families, estates, foundations, businesses, etc.
- Create and implement personalized, strategic plans for engaging and soliciting major gifts, ensuring a tailored approach to each donor's philanthropic interests.
- Build and sustain positive, long-term relationships with donors through regular and meaningful communication and engagement activities.
- Ensure timely and personalized acknowledgment of donor contributions, fostering a sense of appreciation and connection.
Annual Giving Programs
- Oversee and enhance the effectiveness of annual giving programs such as direct mail campaigns, online giving, and special events.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize donor retention rates and attract new contributors.
- Plan and execute engaging fundraising events such as galas to cultivate relationships with donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless coordination and successful outcomes for fundraising events.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive donor database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date donor records.
- Investigate the utilization of fundraising software to determine its efficacy in tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and manage the fundraising budget, optimizing resource allocation to maximize impact and return on investment.
Collaboration and Team Influence
- Foster a collaborative working environment, ensuring alignment between fundraising efforts, other Heritage communication efforts and overall institutional strategies.
- Provide effective leadership, motivation, and mentorship to the broader Heritage team, engaging all in a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement in institution and fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Advanced degree or professional fundraising certification is a plus.
- 3-5 years of significant fundraising experience running both annual and capital campaigns, specifically within a non-profit
- Demonstrated strength in networking and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with the community, donors, and investors.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising, including organizing galas and securing major donors, legacy donors, church partnerships, etc.
- Ability to direct the activities of self and others to ensure projects are completed and targets achieved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and lead the broader Heritage team in coordinated fundraising efforts.
- Build a team of volunteers to support fundraising events.
- Ability to support the values and mission of Heritage College & Seminary.
Please apply online HERE.