|Date Posted||February 18, 2021|
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Status: 1 year contact
Starting Date: ASAP
Work Location: 1550 O’Connor Drive
The ECE will be based in 1550 O’Connor Drive and report directly to the Manager of Childcare. The incumbent will be responsible in teaching young children, providing support and helping develop their educational, social, spiritual growth through vigorous programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Works with a team to provide a warm, nurturing and caring environment for children to support their overall growth
· Plan, develop, implement and supervise a high quality child care program consistent with TSM’s missions, visions and values
· Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well-being of children
· Facilitate daily routines including outdoor play, washroom routine, meal/snack/rest time
· Observe and identify designated needs for program development and program planning
· Cater to children’s physical needs including snacks, meals, bathroom routines
· Promote problem solving and encouraging social skills by modelling, teaching, playing, and stories reading; actively interact with children throughout the day
· Develop positive and secure relationships with children and collaborative relationships with parents; provide support as needed
· Conduct parents teacher interviews, offer referrals, suggestions and guidance as needed
· Ensure the program set up, delivery and documentation meet the Ontario government standard
· Keeps accurate attendance, records and maintains children files, and prepares monthly childcare reports and statistics
· Conduct monthly fire drills and other health and safety procedures as required
· Prepare and maintain program areas; Maintain, clean, and disinfect children’s toys, furniture, and shelving area following latest procedures and policies from public health and city of Toronto COVID 19 measures
Required Experience and Education:
· Early Childhood Educator Certificate, minimal 2 years of experience
· Demonstrated experience engaging families, communities and marginalized groups
· Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum, early learning, and How Does Learning Happen framework
· Valid First Aid and CPR Level C
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to work independently with creative problem solving skills
· Flexible, dependable, and a great team member with a collaborative attitude
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.