|Location||985 Adelaide St S, London, Canada|
|Date Posted||July 15, 2022|
Email Marketing Specialist
Department: Digital Marketing & Experience (within Marketing & Digital Growth)
Location: Remote or Hybrid
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: August 14, 2022
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for tactical execution of email marketing campaigns within our growing digital team.
The role will require an individual who is proactive, growth- and cause-minded. This opportunity offers the chance to be exposed to a broad variety of marketing functions like lead generation, analytics, and automation, as well as provide leadership for special projects such as a Marketing Cloud implementation.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day execution of email marketing campaigns, including:
- Creating & managing email marketing campaigns that are well-designed, optimized, and mobile-friendly.
- Provide recommendations for new and existing campaigns including triggers, and automation
- Developing email templates that are accessible and compatible with all major email clients and device settings.
- Rigorously A/B testing and troubleshooting email content and design, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Using data to identify actionable insights and inform ongoing email content and design improvements, future communication strategies, messages, and donor engagements.
- Analyze email list health and segmentation strategy
- Provide solutions to email marketing questions and concerns
- This opportunity is for an intermediate-level professional with expertise in, and a passion for, email automation to work cross-functionally with digital, content, data, and web experts to fulfill an important mission.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Agree with Compassion Canada’s core documents, including a Statement of Faith;
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace;
- Participate in regular Staff Gatherings which include spiritual practices like worship, Scripture reading, and prayer;
- Pray with staff or supporters when requested or deemed appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns that are well-designed, optimized, and mobile-friendly.
- Lead execution of Compassion Canada’s email marketing activities from planning to list selection & segmentation, assembly, testing, scheduling, and reporting.
- Develop email templates that are accessible and compatible with all major email clients and device settings.
- Continually test and improve to make email a more effective channel for Compassion Canada.
- Rigorously test and troubleshoot email content and design, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Plan and implement new email journeys, working closely with Marketing Automation Manager.
- Optimize existing email journeys to continually drive lead conversions and deeper supporter engagement.
- Use data to identify actionable insights and inform ongoing email content and design improvements, future communication strategies, messages, and donor engagements.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing & Experience and Content & Creative teams to ensure consistent brand experience across channels.
- Collaborate with the Data & Insights team to develop new distribution lists & reports as needed.
- Contribute to weekly cross-functional sprint meetings to ensure all communications are delivered on time.
- Contribute to the corporate communication calendar used to coordinate single-send requests from various departments.
- Act as an email marketing subject matter expert and share knowledge with peers
- Stay current with email marketing best practices for coding, designing, testing and deliverability of email campaigns and make recommendations.
- Proactively highlight new opportunities for email marketing.
- Ensure all email campaign assets follow email best practices, including but not limited to:
- Confirming all links, dynamic content and personalized fields function properly prior to distribution.
- Editing tracking code for developed HTML emails & create ad-hoc email tracking when needed.
- Ensuring compliance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- Support the Marketing Automation Manager in the management of the Email Marketing Roadmap and Marketing Automation Strategy at Compassion as requested.
- Assist the department/team with other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven track record of managing email on behalf of an organization.
- Ability to test continually, learn from results, and share learnings with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well in written form for multiple audiences.
- A keen interest in email design trends, updates, and platform changes.
- Fully aligned with the message, mission, and ministry strategy.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Lifelong learner with a teachable attitude & a proven ability to learn from mistakes.
- A team player who thrives working cross-functionally.
- Experience working with CSS/HTML as it applies to email design.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Focused under pressure and pays close attention to detail.
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives projects to completion.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and learning orientation.
Experience & Education Required
- Email marketing experience for a medium to large brand.
- Experience working with an email marketing tool (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Emma etc.).
- Education in web design, marketing, communications, business, or a related field is an asset.
- Experience working with an email testing platform (Litmus, Email on Acid, etc.) is an asset.
- To be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- To bring creative, energetic, and innovative energy to the work you do.
- Received: Marketing Automation Manager
- Given: None
- Within: All staff, All departments
- Without: Vendors, Agencies etc.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Apply online at https://secure.collage.co/jobs/compassioncanada/31810.