|Date Posted||August 9, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
In line with YSM’s workforce development (WFD) model, the Employer Liaison will develop and strengthen relationships with employer partners to ensure reliable and consistent job placement opportunities for participants, while at the same time connecting employers with a diverse talent pool. Job placements in line with the goals, skills, and abilities of individual job seekers will be developed in a way that satisfies both YSM’s job quality criteria and funder key performance indicators (KPIs).
In order to maximize the employment prospects of community members and ensure that they receive high-quality service, the Employer Liaison will work closely with Job Coaches and Employment Counsellors to support participants in placement preparation, matching, and retention. The incumbent will report to the Employer Engagement Supervisor.
1. New Partnership Development
- Proactively develop new employer relationships in response to the employment goals, skills, and abilities of individual participants
- Meet quantitative targets (e.g. lead development, participant placement) as part of YSM’s performance management process
- Develop creative approaches to sourcing and engaging employer partners, while also consulting established job development promising practices
- Clearly and concisely review partnership options with employers, confidently articulating mutual benefits to all parties
- Educate employers on the barriers faced, and the unique potential of participants from YSM population focus groups
- Act as an intermediary between other YSM staff, participants, and employers throughout course of job placements, assisting with activities including problem solving, conflict resolution, and execution of training plans
- Build comprehensive profiles of key employer partners that detail variables such as labour market needs, training requirements, and range/characteristics of available positions
2. Existing Partner Care
- Develop rapport and bonds of personal trust with key employer stakeholders
- Regularly assess employer placement experiences with YSM, probing as to tactics and strategies that worked well, and what could be improved
- Work with Employer Engagement Supervisor to develop “highly engaged” employer prospects suitable for long-term, large-scale strategic partnerships
- Support group-based program coordinators in organizing training cohorts with employers in high- demand fields
3. Administrative Support
- Remain apprised of the service delivery, administrative, and performance management particularities of YSM’s various government-funded programs (federal, provincial, municipal)
- Maintain employer partnership database in YSM’s Salesforce platform
- Maintain employer engagement records as required by relevant funders (e.g. employer registration in EOIS CaMS for EO programs)
- Complete and organize documentation in a manner that is timely, accurate, and prioritizes information security/confidentiality
- Related post-secondary education (e.g. Business, HR, Marketing) or equivalent experience
- Experience in business development, partnership development, and/or community facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to meet defined performance targets in a results-oriented environment
- Experience with counselling, case management, and/or job coaching activities an asset
- Ability to balance independent entrepreneurial drive with collaborative team approach
- Innovative mindset and “willingness to fail” - proactively offers bold, creative solutions to complex problems
- Understanding how forms of systemic oppression - e.g. based on social class, gender identity, or race - intersect to marginalize participants
- Understanding of cross cultural, anti-oppressive, and trauma informed practices
- Comfort working with participants experiencing various forms of trauma; able to quickly and sensitively respond to high-stress situations
- High level of self-awareness; strong coping skills and supportive community (including faith community) needed to avoid emotional strain and potential burnout
- Strong time management, information tracking, and prioritization skills
- Flexible to work outside of standard hours when necessary (e.g. employer visits)
- Knowledge of current employment-related legislation (e.g. ESA, OHRC)
- CPI, Mental Health, First Aid Training is an asset; A vulnerable sector police check will be required
The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission, and values.
Deadline for Application: September 15, 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/213
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: August 9, 2023