|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation. If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a full-time Youth Job Connection Employment Counsellor to support our Employment Department for a contract position with a possibility of extension.
- Providing employment counselling and services under Employment Ontario (EO) guidelines that include: screening, intake assessment, goal setting, monitoring, referrals and life-skills support to YSM’s Priority Populations, multi-barriered youth, newcomers to Canada and other marginalized demographics
- Developing workshops, coordinating and facilitating pre-employment skills training
- Maintaining a safe space for diverse participants, including the LGBTQ2S community, racialized participants and people living with a disability
- Collaborating effectively within the employment services team and other YSM departments to ensure holistic care, trauma informed care is provided
- Outcome focused case-management
- Advocacy and partnership development with other community agencies
- Detailed management of client’s information, activities and progress in EO’s Information System (CaMS) and YSM’s internal database (Salesforce)
- Results oriented with superior oral and written communication skills, excellent self-management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Post-secondary degree along with two years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with diverse youth facing multiple barriers to employment
- Demonstrate experience in assessment, counselling, and case-management
- Ability to draw on strong motivational and rapport-building skills in a cross-cultural context
- Comfortable in an unpredictable drop-in environment; ability to de-escalate conflict and interact with participants who have experienced various forms of trauma
- Knowledge of job search strategies, Canadian Labour Market, and standard workplace practices
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail; working knowledge of Google Workspace
- A police check will be required / First aid training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: April 4, 2022
Website for Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=103
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: March 22, 2022