English Ministry Administrator
|Location||611 E 50th Ave, Vancouver, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2023|
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . This position is only open to local applicants. We encourage applicants to submit their statement of faith along with their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
This position is open until the successful candidate is found.
About South Vancouver Pacific Grace MB Church
South Vancouver Pacific Grace Mennonite Brethren Church (SVPGMBC) is an English- and Cantonese-speaking church located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are a member of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and British Columbia Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
Click here to read more about our church on our website.
The English Ministry (EM) Administrator provides administrative support to the church for Sunday Service and other church ministries. The successful candidate would be required to be very organized and be able to work independently while working alongside a close-knit church team. They are required to manage and prioritize a variety of administrative office tasks including managing correspondence, documents, schedules and other tasks as outlined below. The successful candidate would be required to attend South Vancouver Pacific Grace MB Church.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weekly preparation of EM Bulletin & draft revisions.
- Applying for cheques for church guest speakers.
- General administrative tasks including communications, coordinating room bookings, organizing refreshments, collecting and filing of church paperwork.
- Proofreading and sermon powerpoint preparation.
- Weekly preparation for EM E-Newsletter.
- Social Media posts and graphics.
- Coordinating and implementing website updates.
- Preparation and management of EM Worship schedule and serving list.
- Assisting with EM Budget preparations for AGM
- Taking minutes for church staff meetings.
- Helping to prepare AGM documents and mailouts.
- Assisting with church special events such as baptisms, baby dedications, etc
- Managing church building key records and alarm access codes.
- Support for financial team duties include:
- Bookkeeping for petty cash
- Distribution of reimbursement cheques
- Cheque deposits at the bank
- Offering data entry
- Preparing offering receipts
- Other administrative duties as required
- Attendance of staff meetings, retreats, and Sunday services.
- Experience in office administration and/or relevant education.
- Demonstrated ability to type and operate a PC with proficiency in Word, Excel, MS Office, Google Docs, and other computer based programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal.
- Chinese 2nd Language is an asset.
- Ability to learn computer software needed for the role.
- Required to attend South Vancouver Pacific Grace MB Church.
- Training provided on all job tasks.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with the flexibility and willingness to take direction.
- Ability to work with other staff members and church volunteers/leaders.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Conducts and presents in a professional manner at all times.
Hours of Work
Full Time - based on a 35 hour workweek. Work is required on Sundays and some evenings as needed.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Extended health benefits & vacation hours included after probationary period.