|Location||1307 Hillside Avenue, Victoria, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2022|
Executive Assistant/Board Liaison – The Cridge Centre for the Family
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of The Cridge Centre for the Family.
The Cridge Centre for the Family, located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia seeks an Executive Assistant and Board Liaison.
Serving as the CEO’s right hand, the Executive Assistant will be heavily involved in the organization from an executive and strategic vantage point, performing any and all tasks necessary to keep the CEO organized and focused as well as performing a variety of administrative, clerical and office duties, ranging from routine to complex, often of a highly confidential nature.
As Board Liaison, you will ensure the Board is supported to meet its legal requirements and work closely with the Board Executive and CEO to ensure the smooth execution of all board duties and responsibilities including recording minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy and being custodian of those records, submitting reports to the Board, maintaining membership records and the Board calendar.
This is a key position in the organization and carries a high level of responsibility and confidentiality.
WHO WE ARE
The Cridge Centre for the Family is western Canada’s oldest registered non-profit and is proud of its rich heritage. Founders, Bishop Edward Cridge and his wife Mary, came to Victoria as Chaplain of the Hudson’s Bay Company in 1855 . He has been described as Victoria’s first social worker, pioneering many social and cultural causes. Mary took in orphan children which led to the founding of BC Protestant Orphan’s Home in 1873. A generous donor in 1891 enabled the organization to buy property and build a 100-bed orphanage.
In the 1960’s, the organization radically shifted from being an institution which cared for children without families, to an organization that offered support to families. The orphanage was converted to a day care centre and townhomes were built on the property for low-income families. The newly named organization became a community support hub. Since then, services have expanded to include transitional housing for women escaping abuse, brain injury services, and seniors' services.
The Cridge Centre for the Family continues to grow and develop, meeting the ongoing needs of the community, as an expression of its Christian faith.
Providing excellence in support, housing, education and community, we work together to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Serve as approachable “gate keeper” to the CEO Responsible for calendaring and scheduling
- Draft correspondence
- Maintain all departments job descriptions
- Act as a signing authority for the organization
- Is a member of the Cridge Management Team Responsible for travel arrangements
- Fully familiar with all program departments and emerging issues
- Represent the CEO and the Cridge in a professional and congenial manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for various projects Work in and with the fundraising database to serve the CEO, Board and Society needs
- Work with department managers to maintain up to date department policy manuals
- Keep the organizational policy manual, risk management policy manual and the CMT policy manual current and propose policy
- Create and maintain historical records
- Responsible for organizing records management and destruction
- Provide administrative support including scheduling and correspondence
- Act as expert resource to the CEO and Board on matters relating to the Societies Act and organizational Bylaws and policies Organize all aspects of the Annual General Meeting
- Maintain the Board and Organization annual calendars and ensure implementation – it is to be noted that this encompasses vast amounts of information, requirements and schedules Notify all committees of agendas and deadlines
- Assist with meeting logistics and details
- Attend all board and committee meetings, take minutes, distribute, and maintain
- Maintain and distribute board policy manual
- Assist president and CEO in Board meeting preparation
- Assist in committee structure issues
- Manage society/board recognition and awards
- Participate in board orientation
- Ensure that timelines, as specified in the bylaws or the society act, are met
- Responsible for filing documents pertinent to maintaining the “in good standing” status of the society
- Prepare annual reports and arrange for printing, and distribution
- Believing that a Christian can activate the power of God through prayer, the Executive Assistant/Board Liaison is required to engage in personal Christian prayer for the organization, its needs and opportunities
- Is required to submit all operational decisions affecting policy and program direction to The Lord Jesus Christ, and must measure those decisions as well against the Society statement of faith which is entrenched within the Constitution
- Is required to lead in Christian devotions and prayer at the management team meetings
- Partners with other Management Team Members and the Board of Directors to protect and further the fundamentals of the Society’s Christian Mission as stated in its Constitution and Statement of Faith Personally affirm the organization’s Statement of Faith as noted in the By-Laws
- Read, understand, commit and comply with the mandate and requirements of The Cridge Centre for the Family Purpose and Statement of Faith
- Organize weekly prayer walks throughout the organization’s property and programs
- Organize prayer times in vacant residential units before they are re-occupied
- Acts as a prayer partner to the CEO
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to function effectively within the Constitution and Bylaws of The Cridge Centre for the Family
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively, respectfully, supportively and non-judgmentally with clients
- Ability to respond effectively and calmly in crisis situations
- Ability to participate in staff and volunteer development Demonstrated knowledge of supportive supervision in a team setting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Up to date technical savvy with strong Microsoft Office and PC skills Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of a non-profit society Able to work with a positive team-building approach
- Able to be self-motivated, display initiative and prioritize
- Able to model acceptable ethical standards, personally & professionally
- Be highly committed to their personal Christian faith and to the mission of The Cridge
- Friendly, positive, reliable, accessible, meticulous, discrete, sensitive, self-directed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant and equivalent combination of training and experience is required
- A focus on legal knowledge, business studies, finance management, HR or marketing would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of senior executive support
- Criminal Record Check clearance (updated every 5 years)
- Current First Aid (updated every 2 years) Current CPR Certificate (updated every 2 years)
Location: Victoria, BC
Application Deadline: February 4 or until the position is filled.
Anticipated Start Date: February 2022
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.