|Date Posted||February 20, 2020|
Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations”. Global Disciples helps the church fulfill this mission among unreached people groups. Working in 57 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America, we have developed a model of training that is Christ-centred, discipleship-based and mission-focused.
We provide training for locally sustained and reproduced programs that develop DISCIPLE MAKERS, MARKETPLACE ENTREPRENEURS and SERVING LEADERS.
As the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, you will be a vision carrier for Global Disciples Canada, serving under the authority of the Board of Directors. Multiply and strengthen the base of Global Disciples’ financial donors and prayer partners by building awareness and relationship. Develop and oversee finances, human resources, communications, prayer and partner relations within Canada.
ESSENTIAL OUTCOMES will be to develop and nurture relationships with foundations, churches, business leaders, and individuals to clearly communicate the mission and vision of Global Disciples so that they actively engage through giving financially, praying, being advocates and volunteering.
Multiply the number of “Global Partners” and nurture relationships with financial partners so that they invest in building the Kingdom of God through the ministry of Global Disciples.
Work with the Board of Directors to develop and maintain appropriate financial, administrative and human resources procedures.
- Maintain a healthy personal relationship with the Lord in order to reflect and communicate the mission, vision, core values and guiding principles of Global Disciples.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for Global Disciples in Canada.
- Ensure that the vision and ministry of Global Disciples is communicated in a simple, clear and consistent manner throughout Canada.
- Develop and implement a strategy to raise the GDC annual budget.
- Cultivate and nurture key partners and donors by engaging foundations, businesses, churches and individuals.
- Oversee ongoing communications required to share the ministry of Global Disciples.
- Prepare a monthly written report to the Board Chair on activities, contacts, strategies, growth and challenges.
- Meet with the Board Chair to plan, prepare and assist with quarterly Board meetings.
- Travel within Canada and occasionally internationally to promote and/or represent Global Disciples.
- Responsible to the Board of Directors.
- Direct supervision by the Board Chair.
- Collaboration and mentoring from the Executive VP of Leadership Development.
- Supervises or is directly responsible for the Executive Administrator, Administrative Associate and Bookkeeper.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- A devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Strong identification with the vision and mission of Global Disciples.
- Experience in and/or an aptitude for non-profit fund development.
- Ability to work with a team to develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Excellence in relational, verbal, written and media communication skills.
- Relevant computer software and donor database experience.
- Willing to travel within Canada and occasionally internationally.
If you are a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a strong identification with the vision and mission of Global Disciples, have non-profit fund development experience, leadership and strategic planning skills, and willing to travel within Canada and occasionally internationally, then you could be the next Executive Director at Global Disciples Canada.
Further information about Global Disciples Canada can be found at https://globaldisciples.ca/
Application Deadline: March 27, 2020
Please note Qualified candidates for this search must be Canadian residents at the time of application.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.