|Location||Parry Sound, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 2, 2021|
Job Posting-Executive Director
Hope Pregnancy Support Centre is looking for an energetic, independent, and motivated Executive Director to join our team. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay and the 30,000 Islands, Parry Sound is a beautiful and inviting community with a small-town feel. The Hope Pregnancy Centre is a place of safety for many in our community. Our aim is to share the love of Christ by coming alongside our clients as they navigate the challenging circumstances in their lives. Our mission brings much joy, as lives are saved, and lives are transformed as a result of the work being done here. Our intimate team strives to support each other, learn from one another and grow together. None of this is possible without a passionate and caring Executive Director.
Qualified applicants should e-mail a resume and letter of introduction to Grace Taylor, Chair of the Board of Directors at HPSCentre15@gmail.com
Job Description – Executive Director
The Board of Directors
The Executive Director has full responsibility for the Pregnancy Centre and the achievement of its mission, within the parameters of the Pregnancy Centre’s budget. The primary areas of responsibility include the implementation of policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors, as well as administrative duties, community relations/public relations, supervision of volunteers, long-term strategic planning, and fundraising. This is a permanent part-time position, ranging between 16-24 hours per week.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors/Treasurer on an annual budget, to be approved by the Board, and see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that financial records are kept current and accurate, and reported to the Board monthly
- Oversee expenditures for budgeted expenses and oversee purchase requests.
- Oversee the compilation of statistical reports, accurate record-keeping, and monthly reporting to the Board
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fund-raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization.
- Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events.
- Oversee the donor management program and communicate with donors on a regular basis.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local regulations.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to company operations and maintain the policies and procedures manual for the operation of the centre.
- .Communicate regularly with volunteers regarding client needs and progress.
- Attend all Board meetings and present a monthly report.
- Responsible for recruitment and supervision of volunteers
- Provide direction and support to volunteers.
- Oversee volunteer training and volunteer meetings.
- Ensure that all the centre’s policies and procedures are being carried out, and communicate with volunteers and/or staff on new policies to be implemented.
- Conduct written and oral evaluations of volunteers and/or staff on an annual basis.
Development and Public Relations
- Recruit and work with a committee to execute major fundraising events.
- Direct mail and newsletters each year
- Develop and execute presentations to appeal for financial support at local churches or fundraising events
- Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, as well as the professional community about the Pregnancy Centre ministry with the goal of obtaining support and involvement with the ministry.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with pastors and churches in the community
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries/organizations that meet client needs.
- Represent the ministry and services of the Pregnancy Centre to the media
- Develop, oversee, and revise promotional materials used for ongoing advertising of the organization.
- Obtain feedback and continually assess the effectiveness of ministry programs toward long-term goals.
- Produce long and short-term objectives to accomplish the ministry goals of the Centre.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and a member of a Bible-believing church.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the respect for life position.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Ministry’s Statement of Faith and policies of the centre.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in a related field, or related equivalent experience.
- Biblical counseling training or experience.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction for volunteers and/or staff.
- Two or more years of experience as a volunteer or employee in the ministry
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations.
- A solid understanding of current life-affirming related concerns/legislation/laws.
- Experience in an administrative position.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, data management, internet navigation, and social media.
- A strong knowledge of accounting and fiscal management.
- Experience with supervising in an efficient and professional office.
- Experience in marketing, fund-raising, and public relations.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing, and media relations.
- A demonstrated ability to manage key constituent relationships, including patrons, business partners, and government agencies.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the center.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, accountability, and confidentiality
- Travel required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Overtime as required
- 16 - 24 Hours/Week
- Salary to be discussed with serious inquiries only