|Location||254 Adelaide St. South, London, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
Executive Director – YFC London
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of YFC London
Youth for Christ (YFC) London is looking for an experienced and empowering leader with a passion for youth to join their team as Executive Director.
The Executive Director provides overall leadership to the ongoing development of new and existing ministry programs, and oversees the recruitment and development of staff for leadership, administrative and ministry roles. The Executive Director ensures YFC London’s positive fiscal performance through the responsible management of fundraising activities as per the annually approved budget, and ensures that a credible image is developed and maintained for the organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for all activities outlined in YFC London’s bylaws, and is accountable to the board of directors for the management and direction of the activities and affairs of YFC London, including the overall spiritual welfare of the organization.
If you are a dynamic leader with the ability to grow and develop the ministry programs of YFC London, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT WE DO
The Hub Youth Center
The Hub Youth Center is a safe space for youth to come after school and connect with friends, supportive adults and fun programs. While some may need to burn off some extra energy in the gym, many simply enjoy lazing around on the couches or getting caught up on some homework. A variety of art, skill and leadership programs are also available for youth to learn and discover.
The Deck provides a safe and interactive place for youth to skateboard and scooter indoors during the cold winter months. We have adult volunteers who have been trained to work with youth and support them in skate as well as life. We see the park as more than a place to skate – we create community. With an entire youth centre and cafe available to us at The Hub, there are many opportunities for youth to make new friends.
Compass is a community basketball program that started in the Pond Mills area in 2013. It started as pick-up ball with over 30 local high school boys, some with experience and many without. The goal is to use basketball to build relationships, create mentoring opportunities, provide a safe environment where players feel loved and encouraged and to allow them to find their God-given purpose and identity.
Café Connect is an eclectic space where everyone feels like they’ve come home. It is a meeting place and safe space for all youth. Café Connect is a warm and relaxing space to eat, hang out and gather in community. Youth can stay as long as they want and get lost in a book or a conversation, catch up with their friends, play a board game or simply enjoy quiet time.
E-recycle provides professional pickup and removal of unwanted electronics in the London and surrounding area, creating employment hours, mentorship and skills development opportunities for youth. Youth involved in E-recycle recognize their employment potential and continue on the path to becoming positive and experienced contributors to the local workforce and surrounding community.
Following Jesus’ mission, we engage with youth in London by building relationships, developing potential and exploring faith in partnership with the community and local churches.
Community: We want to be fully engaged in and with our neighbourhoods and to nurture healthy community interaction with staff, volunteers, families, local partners and most of all, young people.
God-Centred: We believe that personal faith is important and that spiritual questions can and should be explored with great freedom, respect and integrity.
Safe Spaces: We strive to provide a safe, welcoming place where youth can come, connect, feel appreciated and have great fun.
Relationships Matter: We desire to journey alongside and build strength into young lives during these important adolescent years – encouraging them to discover, grow, lead and learn.
Staff Leadership and Development – 15%
- Provide overall leadership to the YFC London office and be accountable for the performance of the organization.
- Responsible for the ongoing professional development of staff members; supporting the professional wellbeing of all staff through the shared efforts of the board of directors and leadership team.
- Provide leadership at regular staff meetings.
- Perform yearly staff reviews according to the current job descriptions.
- Oversee recruitment of new staff for leadership, administrative and ministry positions.
Board of Directors – 10%
- Develop a comprehensive organizational strategy for team building, coaching, personal development and staff care.
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all organizational initiatives.
- Advise the board of directors on planning, policies, programs, personnel, finances and facilities.
- Act as liaison to YFC Canada and YFC International as well as other agencies and ministries, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Sit as an ex-officio member of all committees established by the board of directors.
- Together with the board of directors, develop and implement the strategic plan.
Community Relations – 10%
- Ensure that a credible public image is developed and maintained for the YFC London organization. Practically, this includes:
- Maintaining regular communication with supporters, churches and community leaders; sharing with them the impact of YFC London’s ministry programs.
- Ensuring the development of timely and relevant printed and digital materials.
- Engaging in regular presentations to civic leaders, pastors, parents, schools, etc.
Programs – 15%
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the programs; maintaining their relevance and effectiveness in accordance with the mission statement and purposes of the organization.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of new programming to meet the current needs of youth.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for YFC London for submission to the board of directors.
Fundraising and Donor Development – 30%
- Responsible for the fundraising activities of YFC London, including the creation of a dynamic fundraising strategic plan.
- Engage strategically in activities that expand the financial capacity of the organization, including donor meetings, public speaking engagements and events.
- Create and maintain partners as a prayerful and financial support team.
- Maintain and grow the current donor base and, through regular communication and personal contact, seek prayer and financial support for the organization.
Administration – 10%
- Supervise the general operations of YFC London’s office.
- Ensure the development and implementation of adequate operational systems, procedures and controls for the organization.
- Develop and monitor the annual budget.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the YFC Canada policies and guidelines and all applicable government regulations.
- Abide by and ensure YFC London’s policy and procedure manuals are kept up-to-date and followed by staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that adequate and properly maintained facilities and equipment are available for YFC London’s programs and staff.
Spiritual and Personal Development – 5%
- A faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Pray for and with staff, the board of directors and the ministries of YFC London.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Take a bi-annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Complete the YFC Canada credentialing process within two years of start date.
- Attend YFC Regional and National conferences.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops, as approved by the board of directors.
Spiritual Retreats/Conferences – 5%
- Implement a yearly staff and board of directors off-site meeting for spiritual rejuvenation, team development and planning.
- Spend time in spiritual reflection and development by participating in a regular rhythm of spiritual retreats.
- Participate in the National YFC Ministry Conference, Leadership Conference, regional retreats and other YFC Canada initiatives.
- A passion for ministering to community youth.
- Experience in building an organization and launching new initiatives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven experience in fundraising and donor development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with managing and leading a team.
- An understanding of donor-centric communications for the purpose of donor acquisition, fundraising and donor cultivation.
- Aligned with YFC Canada Statement of Faith and the Community Covenant.
- A growing spiritual life.
- Integrity: truthfulness, truth-seeking, righteousness, excellence, diligence, doing the right thing.
- Humility: thankfulness, listening, forgiving, accountability, transparency, enables obedience, teachability, selfless love.
- Loyal and caring: respects people, thoughtfulness, gentleness, kindness, courtesy, politeness, avoids destructive behaviour like gossip.
- Trustworthy: honesty, authenticity, discreteness.
- Courageous: bold and inspires those around you.
- Disciplined in all areas of life: spiritually, financially, physically.
- Wise and spiritually discerning: with God, people, society.
- A passion for the lost, the city and youth.
- A servant leader: a heart after the heart of God.
- Faith in God that He will guide and provide.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CFRE designation.
- Ten years of experience in a related leadership role.
Location: London, ON
Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.