|February 2, 2024
Executive Director – More Than A Roof Foundation
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of More Than A Roof Foundation
More Than A Roof Foundation is searching for a fundraising professional and networker to join their team as Executive Director.
The Executive Director provides leadership and strategic development to More Than A Roof Foundation by overseeing the functions and tasks that operationalize the vision and mission, fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders, and consistently achieving More Than A Roof Foundation’s mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board Chair, the CEO of More Than a Roof Group and other related individuals to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress towards achieving annual financial goals.
If you are an executive leader with a background in strategic planning and fundraising, and you have values and convictions that align with More Than A Roof Foundation, we would love to connect with you.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2005, More Than A Roof Foundation is a Christian faith-based charity.
As the philanthropic arm of More Than a Roof Group of Societies, we began seeking affordable housing solutions for individuals and families at risk of homelessness.
With the help of partners like the City of Vancouver, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority and the Province of British Columbia, we started building small suite communities with onsite health services for individuals facing mental health and addiction challenges.
We believe that education is vital to lasting change, so we partnered with many organizations to provide financial literacy education, food security programs, community gardens, as well as physical, mental and spiritual wellness programs.
Our history is rooted in compassion for the most vulnerable members of our society.
Until recently, the principal investor in More Than A Roof has been the BC Government through BC Housing. With shifting economies and changing times, More Than A Roof sees an opportunity to increase the number of units under management and help to expand its unique programs to assist more individuals and families desperate to find affordable housing. As a result, More Than A Roof Foundation is now taking an active approach to growth over the next few years.
Emerging trends like corporate social responsibility and tax-advantaged impact investing are gaining traction. However, BC Housing will continue to be the primary funder of our communities.
More Than A Roof wants to lessen dependence on public funding while understanding how it might better meet the growing needs in the affordable housing sector. Our firm belief is that we can do more and continue to find practical solutions for those in need.
In 2022, we received a generous family endowment which will help us continue our activities in perpetuity. Today our founder-led mission has expanded even further. With strategic capital project acquisitions, we can extend our reach and expand our mission of compassion and care across an ever-growing population. Our aim is to equip everyone in our communities with the resources, knowledge and hope they need to move forward in life.
We transform lives, break cycles of poverty and end homelessness by funding innovative approaches to holistic community building.
We empower individuals and communities by providing lasting resources for safe, affordable housing.
We believe that access to the right resources can lead to social equity, inclusion and better health outcomes, so we go beyond just providing a roof over someone's head – we equip and resource our communities for long-term success.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Five years of experience, preferred; including three years of non-profit leadership experience.
- Fully aligned with the vision, mission, mandate and convictions of the organization.
- Trustworthy, collaborative and a team player.
- Passionate and mission driven with an approachable style.
- Demonstrated ability to establish highly confidential relationships.
- Able to identify, cultivate new donors and retain existing donors.
- Successful at organizing, coordinating and managing fundraising operations, campaigns and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated major gifts results at various levels.
- Success working collaboratively with boards, donors, internal and external stakeholders and the community at large.
- Able to manage budgets, review financial data and present financial concepts effectively to different constituents inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency receipting regulations and required documentation.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, planned giving and sources of funding for non-profit agencies and organizations.
- Knowledge of donor database programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial nature and a self-starter, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Results oriented and a strategic thinker who thinks tactically in a responsive manner.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Application Deadline: March 8, 2024
Start Date: TBD
Salary Range: $130,000 - $170,000
APPLY online at nelsonandkraft.com/jobs with your cover letter and resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.