|Location||985 Adelaide St. S, London, Canada|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
Executive Director of Marketing & Digital Growth – Compassion Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Compassion Canada
Compassion is a leading international child development organization, committed to releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
The Executive Director of Marketing & Digital Growth (M&DG) is responsible for advancing the mission of Compassion Canada by leading and directing the organization’s marketing, digital and technology strategies and initiatives. Additionally, this role shares organizational leadership through participation in a highly collaborative Executive Leadership Team, and plays an active role in driving organizational transformation.
If you are an experienced executive leader with a specialization in marketing, and passions and values that align with Compassion Canada, we would love to connect!
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Agree with Compassion Canada’s core documents, including a Statement of Faith;
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace;
- Participate in regular Staff Gatherings which include spiritual practices like worship, Scripture reading, and prayer;
- Pray with staff or supporters when requested or deemed appropriate.
WHO WE ARE
As one of the world’s leading child development organizations, Compassion partners with the local church in 27 countries to end poverty in the lives of children and their families. Today, two million children are discovering lives full of promise and purpose as they develop in all the different aspects of their lives—their minds, bodies and relationships.
HOW DOES COMPASSION WORK?
If you could sum up our ministry in a phrase, it would be “holistic child development.” This might sound a bit dull, but this concept is key to Compassion’s ministry. It means we don’t simply respond to poverty by handing out food or Bibles. Instead, we seek to develop children in all the diﬀerent aspects of their lives.
HOW DOES HOLISTIC CHILD DEVELOPMENT WORK?
Through Compassion’s programs in partnership with local churches, children are ministered to in every aspect of their lives, receiving:
- Age-appropriate Christian teaching and discipleship at a local church;
- Formal and non-formal educational opportunities;
- Health care, hygiene training and supplementary food;
- Personal attention, guidance and love.
WHY FOCUS ON THE CHILDREN?
For a long time, the focus of helping others has been giving people things. But what Compassion has learned over the years is that things won’t change communities—people will.
Real and lasting change happens when children are developed to become the adults who will create change in their community. In Compassion’s program, children learn they are loved, they begin to develop hope for their future, and they realize that God wants to use them to help others. And these children grow up to be givers and community leaders.
WHY PARTNER WITH LOCAL CHURCHES?
Compassion works exclusively with local churches because they can best understand and respond to the challenges in their communities. They are known and trusted by their neighbours and are able to reach those in the greatest need.
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM (ELT)
- Work closely with President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and other members of the Executive Leadership Team in leading all aspects of the work of Compassion Canada.
- Develop and lead Compassion Canada’s digital transformation plan, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, to accelerate organizational performance and digital maturity.
- Develop and execute an organizational marketing plan, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, that supports the generation of awareness of Compassion, acquisition of new sponsorships and raising non-sponsorship revenue, and more engaged sponsors, donors, and partners.
- Lead organizational technology roadmap, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, to optimize internal and external customer experience, minimize risk, increase revenue and competitive advantage, reduce cost, improve speed and accuracy of strategy execution, and derive actionable insights from organizational data.
- Provide fully collaborative marketing support for Partner Relations teams charged with acquiring new child sponsorships and raising non-sponsorship revenue through frontline relationships, experiences, and events.
- Contribute to creating an agile culture that encourages ideation, prioritization, and execution to test, learn and grow.
- Provide proactive, timely and transparent flow of data, information, and analysis of the Marketing and Digital Growth Group, including staff needs, to the CEO and ELT.
- Conduct research and advise the organization on competitive trends, threats and opportunities related to area of responsibility.
- Provide functional leadership to the cross-functional process to develop, execute, assess, and improve the corporate strategy.
- Democratize knowledge and information throughout the organization.
MARKETING & DIGITAL GROWTH DIVISION
- Provide overall leadership and accountability to division goals and objectives, and related annual targets and initiatives.
- Provide overall leadership and accountability to division compensation and non-compensation budget planning and actuals.
- Recruit and manage both internal human resources and external service providers needed for division.
- Ensure processes are constantly improving to build efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Lead Director of Digital Marketing & Experience to fulfill their department’s functional responsibilities of delivering excellence in digital experience delivery (email, web, SMS, digital advertising, social media), while integrating bespoke digital enablement for non-traditional digital channels.
- Lead the Director of Content & Creative to fulfill their department’s functional responsibilities of brand development, creative design, communications practice and supporting organizational Public Relations efforts.
- Lead the Director of Technology & Operations to fulfill their department’s functional responsibilities of creating and delivering a secure and accessible tech stack, leading out an end-to-end data and insights practice, and supporting operationalizing the teams to deliver in market results through process management and project management.
- Lead Director of Neighbour Experience to fulfill their department’s functional responsibilities of supporting, and coming alongside other teams, in organizational learning, and maturity in the disciplines of customer journey management, product innovation and development as well as channel innovation and development.
- Ensure succession plans are in place for leaders and key roles throughout division.
- Build and maintain a culture of ongoing coaching and feedback with direct reports.
- Prioritize proximity and availability to broader team to maintain knowledge of individual and team needs.
- Plan and prioritize ongoing staff development and performance management.
- Plan and facilitate division leadership team meetings, division meetings, and manager-one-removed meetings.
- Communicate organizational and ELT information to department in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Throughout all aspects of this work, provide spiritual and professional development for all members of the team while fully living out the organizational values.
- Ensure Compassion Canada remains compliant with legislative requirements related to functional areas.
- Develop relationships with other subject-matter-expert leaders to gain insight into opportunities, threats/challenges, and best practices.
- Network and leverage circle of influence to advance awareness of and engagement in Compassion’s ministry.
- Contribute to thought-leadership in subject-matter-expertise (Marketing, Digital Experience, Data Analytics, Technology and Operations) through writing and speaking.
- Look for opportunities to co-create and collaborate with like-minded organizations to increase effectiveness and efficiencies and advance mission.
- Work with Compassion International (CI) Global Marketing & Brand Experience division to accelerate marketing and brand capabilities; activate dynamic learning, capitalize on complementary strengths, and capture economies of scale.
- Work with Global Partner Alliance counterparts to share best practices and resources as a global learning organization, and influence CI with a coordinated voice.
- Participate in Global Compassion Summit, Global Partner Alliance, and Global Functional meetings.
- Represent Compassion Canada on committees and projects as requested by the President and CEO.
- A spiritually mature and humble servant leader.
- Values the holistic well-being of themselves and others, and commits to living and leading in a way that cultivates health and holism.
- Proven ability to build a relationship-focused and results-oriented environment, where individuals flourish and long-term organizational health and performance are optimized.
- High emotional health and emotional intelligence (EQ), cultural intelligence (CQ), and intellectual intelligence (IQ).
- Committed to excellence, integrity, dignity, stewardship, and discernment.
- Growth mindset, forward-thinking, and committed to building a learning organization.
- Exceptional leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills.
- Honed communication, conflict and change management skills.
- Excellent planning, operational and analytical skills.
- Passionate about building a Jesus-centred culture that is real, relational, and lives out the values of unity in diversity.
- Highly collaborative and people-focused, with passion for mentoring, coaching and developing others.
- Kingdom-minded, mission-driven, neighbour-centred, data-informed, community-discerned and bold in strategic direction setting.
- Authentically enjoys working hard and playing hard, placing a high value on having fun with those they work alongside and lead!
- Expertise in marketing.
- Expertise in digital/technology disciplines, and their dependencies, with in-depth knowledge of modern approaches and methodologies.
- Skilled in leading a team of creative individuals and subject matter experts.
- Honed ability to lead brand management, product management, campaign management and project management efforts.
- Forward-thinking and innovative, with a learning mindset.
- Agile leadership certification is an asset (agile methodology certification also welcomed).
- Data-driven and skilled in developing a results-oriented environment.
- Seven to ten years of proven experience in a similar or related role that includes marketing management, digital transformation, project management and people management.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing, computer sciences, project management, business administration or a related field, required.
- Continuous learning credentials in area of expertise, required.
- Remote or hybrid position, as part of Compassion Canada’s Flexible Workplace Philosophy and Policy.
- Moderate local, national, and international travel is expected within this role.
- To be self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to serve other departments putting a strong emphasis on internal customer service.
- Received: President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Given: Director of Neighbour Experience, Director of Content & Creative, Director of Digital Marketing & Experience, Director of Technology & Operations, Division Operations Lead.
Location: Remote or Hybrid (London, ON)
Application Deadline: August 17, 2022
Start Date: Fall 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.