|Location||46129 Princess Ave, Chilliwack, BC V2P 0J1, Chilliwack, Canada|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
Executive Director – Ruth & Naomi’s Mission
An executive search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of RAN.
Ruth and Naomi’s Mission (RAN) is not a charity that simply meets people’s needs. It is a supportive network of caring professional staff and energized volunteers who daily engage with those who experience poverty, homelessness, addiction, or abuse and join with these friends on a journey of self-discovery and personal transformation. RAN provides a safe, structured and shame-free environment for people to regain their physical, mental, relational and spiritual health.
Ruth & Naomi’s Mission seeks an Executive Director to oversee the management and administration of the organization, collaborate with the Board in developing long term strategic vision and plans for the organization and ensure alignment to the strategic vision is maintained at all levels.
The Executive Director is a humble, servant-hearted leader who is able to engage equally with senior officials, donors, clients, staff and the community at large. As a faith-based leader the actions and behaviours of the Executive Director are critical and must publicly demonstrate the love and compassion of God in every element of their work and personal life.
RAN began with one couple performing the simple act of handing out sandwiches in downtown Chilliwack to those in need. The needs of those on the street grew and soon RAN was collecting and distributing clothing with friends joining in to lend a hand. Space was secured and a drop-in centre provided connection over coffee, sandwiches, and a hot bowl of soup.
Today, with the generous support of volunteers and the community, RAN provides services that address the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of not only the individual seeking help, but also their family.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ranmission.ca
The Executive Director for Ruth & Naomi’s Mission (RAN) will oversee the day-to-day operations of the faith based non-profit organization providing the marginalized with shelter and addiction/recovery services.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the supervision of the RAN leadership team, implementation of the strategic vision and leading business decisions to drive organizational stabilization and growth. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development of funding through grants, donations, and community relationships with stakeholders.
In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for the management and administration of the Mission and for determining the methods by which the Board's directions and policies will be executed and the desired outcomes achieved. The Executive Director serves as an advisor to the Board on policy and program issues which affect the services provided by RAN. The Executive Director is responsible for the hiring of appropriate staff to achieve the ends of the Mission, and for the financial administration that ensures the Strategic Plans are executed within approved budgets. He or she will collaborate with the Board to develop the long-term strategic vision and plans for the Mission to ensure alignment in the operational components and to set effective measurement of objectives and goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has expertise in the field of addiction and mental health and incorporates recent best practices into their work.
- Has experience in a leadership role in a community setting and is comfortable in providing support and supervision to a seasoned staff team.
- Has demonstrated skills and experience in providing dynamic leadership, problem solving, and championing and facilitating change.
- Has demonstrated excellent interpersonal, problem solving, planning, communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, team building and negotiation skills.
- Has a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and to the development and mentoring of team members.
- Has experience in project management and evaluation, quality assurance, budget development and performance management.
- Has an excellent track record in developing relationships with all agency stakeholders.
- Would enjoy being part of a small dynamic community agency.
- Is committed to providing the best quality of care to our clients and have both the vision and the experience to recognize and seize new opportunities that will enhance the lives of our current and future clients.
Demonstrated ability to pivot, be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing workforce environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that their behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of RAN.
Establish and maintain strategic working relationships with internal and external clients and partners to achieve the goals of RAN.
Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Possess excellent public speaking, media relations and presentation skills, as well as conflict resolution and active listening skills.
Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions. Work with individuals and organizations from a wide variety of cultures, abilities and perspectives.
Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of RAN and its partners.
Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of RAN.
Set priorities, develop work schedules, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities to achieve intended outcomes.
- Passion for transforming a community for Jesus
- Vision driven and highly organized
- Possess high emotional intelligence
- Highly ethical behaviour demonstrating Christian values
- Biblically minded and able to view all actions and interactions with a Christian mindset
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle competing demands
- Agreement with RAN’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrate a personal life in keeping with core Christian values and behaviours and be an active member of a local church
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a related field is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- In-depth knowledge and experience of financial practices and management
- Public relations and marketing experience an asset
- Fundraising experience an asset
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022
Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of the application.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.