|Location||9050 Dixie Rd., Brampton, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 26, 2023|
Bramalea Baptist Church is a vibrant, passionate church that is serious about the truth of God's Word, the gospel of Jesus Christ and reaching the community around us. We are a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, multi-language, loving church and we are looking for an Executive Pastor to join our ministry team.
The Executive Pastor works closely with the Senior Pastor in achieving ministry vision and implementing strategy in the life of church and ministry team. They provide leadership and supervision of administrative and ministry support staff. Oversight is also given to the operational and administrative aspects of the church including Human Resources, Budget, and facility. Additionally, this position will give leadership and oversight to the discipleship ministry.
- Must meet the biblical qualifications of an elder according to 1 Tim. 3:1-8, Titus 1:5-10, 1 Peter 5:1-4
- One who demonstrates a mature walk and submission to the Lord Jesus
- One who has the gift of leadership and administration
- One who has the gift of preaching/teaching the word of God
- Maintains and nurtures their own spiritual life through prayer and bible study
- Commitment and alignment to the vision, mission, values of Bramalea Baptist Church
- An undergraduate or graduate theological degree from a recognized biblical institution
- Experience working as part of a staff in a mid to large size church
- Minimum five years’ experience as a pastor or pastoral staff
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in team building, team leadership
- Experience in planning, developing, and implementing ministry vision and strategies
- Experience in managing budgets, human resources and church administration
Leadership and Oversight
- Assist the Senior Pastor in communicating and fulfilling the congregation’s mission, vision, values and strategic priorities
- Disciple, lead and oversee administrative and ministry support staff (including directors)
- Work alongside Senior Pastor in need assessment, hiring, developing, training staff as well as performance management
- Work alongside Senior Pastor and Pastoral Team to assess effectiveness and develop/enhance ministry plans as well as to encourage integration among various ministries
- Work with Senior Pastor to set individual and ministry goals, conduct performance reviews, manage weekly schedules, approve days off etc.
- Organize and lead weekly staff meetings and devotions
- Oversee all congregation wide communication (such as announcements, bulletins, newsletters, emails, etc.)
- Oversee all operational aspects of the church office and building
- Pulpit supply as needed
- Assist Senior Pastor in connecting with local, regional, national and international ministry coalitions or partnerships
- Participate and attend monthly elder meetings
- Participate and attend monthly Board of Director meetings
Pastoral and Discipleship
- Give leadership and oversight to current discipleship training track (101-401) including development of curriculum/schedule for each semester
- Work with Senior Pastor to develop and implement a clear path of discipleship for new and growing believers.
- When necessary be available to teach discipleship courses
- Give Leadership and oversight to areas of baptism and membership
- Give leadership and oversight to the Library Ministry of BBC
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor in developing a vision, mission and strategy for discipleship ministry at BBC
There may be other ministry opportunities or initiatives that come up from time to time that may require your assistance or leadership.
For more information, be sure to check out our website www.bramalea.org
Those who are interested in applying should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org