|Location||80 Colborne St, Fenelon Falls, Canada|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2023|
Trentside Baptist Church
Family Ministry Director
Celebrating the greatness of God, by knowing Christ and making Him known.
Trentside Baptist Church is a vibrant, multi-site church located in the beautiful Kawartha Lakes, with sites in the towns of Bobcaygeon and Fenelon Falls. The main role of the Youth Pastor is to build up a growing and healthy next generation of leaders and disciples for Jesus Christ.
The Youth Pastor will be a committed Christian leader who oversees Trentside’s efforts to help our church family reach, love, and make disciples of our youth and young adults within our two sites and the broader Kawartha Lakes community. He must have a passion for ministering to youth and young adults; ideally with proven ministry experience. The role requires relational, communication, and administration proficiencies.
Position Title: Youth Pastor
Reports To: Co-Lead Pastors with accountability to Elders
Time Allocation: Full-Time
Youth Ministry: 80%
Staff & Additional Church Responsibilities: 20%
(Percentages may vary depending on required needs and circumstances)
- Attend Sunday worship services and church wide events, rotating regularly between both sites; intentionally connecting with youth, young adults, and with the greater church family.
- Work in partnership with Trentside staff, attending staff meetings, activities, and aiding in church wide community events and projects.
- In consultation with church leadership, develop annual budgets for Youth and Young Adult ministries.
- Ensure our Youth Ministry is trusted by parents and the community providing a safe and worthwhile environment.
- Vision and develop a discipleship pathway that encompasses all students from junior high age through to young adults.
- Plan and execute a regular youth program at each site; including combining the two groups together at strategic times throughout the year.
Core Duties: (60% of full-time commitment)
- Provide leadership of the Youth (Jr. and Sr. High), Young Adults, and volunteers. Ensuring ministries maintain a balanced program for spiritual growth.
- Familiarize yourself with the personal lives of the youth and young adults. For example: attend school events, meet with kids outside of church, make hospital visits, etc.
- Remain aware of current youth development, culture, social media, etc., seeking to communicate the Gospel in a relevant way that inspires and challenges our youth and young adults through current challenges and opportunities.
- Foster partnership with the families and guardians of the youth and young adults.
- Promote and attend yearly Youth retreats and partnership events (ie. FEB Bedlam and Sno-Camp Retreats)
- Intentionally seek to build relationships with the unchurched in the community.
- Aid in Summer Camp Ministry with the rest of the staff and student volunteers.
- Provide regular teaching to the youth and young adults and occasional preaching as determined by Co-Lead Pastors.
Leadership Training: (20% of full-time commitment)
- Recruit, disciple, equip, and empower volunteers within the Youth and Young Adult ministries.
- Work closely with volunteers of both sites equipping, supporting, and providing necessary resources in a timely manner.
- Provide formal and informal training for volunteers.
- Help students identify and use their spiritual gifts, providing opportunities for development in the wider church body.
- Select curriculum or create teaching materials to be used in Youth and Young Adult ministries.
Administrative: (20% of full-time commitment)
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced weekly program throughout the year, coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- With input and support of volunteers, establish and maintain a philosophy of ministry.
- Create ministry goals, periodically assessing whether goals are being met.
- Ensure responsibilities for all events are delegated and understood by volunteers.
- Develop strategies to encourage youth and young adults to participation in church ministries.
- Schedule regular meetings with volunteer teams.
- Have consistent communication and engagement with parents, informing them of ministry events, and provide opportunities for parents’ input and ministry guidance.
- Train and administrate our child protection policies and procedures; including police and vulnerable sector checks for volunteers.
- Provide opportunities for parents’ input and ministry guidance.
- Maintain a growing spiritual life characterized by personal Bible study, prayer, worship, and fellowship.
- Possess a passionate heart for Christ, and His church, with a specific emphasis on youth and young adults.
- Maintain and prioritize healthy personal, social, and family relationships.
- Utilize learning opportunities: Conferences, Seminars, Bible courses, etc.
- A maturing Christian life, including evidence of godly character, spiritual disciplines, and a shepherd’s heart with a commitment to service.
- Preferably having a university/college/seminary degree, or its equivalent, in theological, pastoral, and/or youth ministry studies.
- Experience in the area of ministry to youth and young adults.
- The ability to work with youth and adults in the area of leadership development and team building.
- Strong communication and organization skills, with proven ability to define and share the vision of the Youth and Young Adult Ministry of Trentside Baptist Church.
- Support and submit to the By-laws, Statement Of Faith, and Christian Lifestyle Statement of Trentside Baptist Church.
- The candidate must be a member of, or willing to become a member of, Trentside Baptist Church.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and be self-disciplined to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and confidence in communicating Scripture.