|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
Key Bible Clubs/Christian Service Centers of Canada Posted April 30, 2021
Financial Officer (Part-time)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Officer performs a wide range of duties including the following:
- Maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for a charity and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure compliance with the internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including the charitable status requirements, withholding payments (CPP, EI and income tax), and HST.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit, or financial review.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Prepare the annual charitable return (T3010) in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Prepare T4s for employees.
- Prepare and mail donor receipts on a yearly basis.
- Communication with our club leaders and assistants to ensure monthly reports are completed and submitted to the Key Bible Clubs website.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Familiarity with federal and provincial legislation affecting charities would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in the use of basic word processing, spreadsheet software and email. Must be generally capable with the Internet.
- Must have a knowledge of (or must demonstrate the ability to learn) accounting and database software. Our accounting software is Sage50 (formerly Simply Accounting) and Basic Funder is our database.
Depending on the time of year the work requires 8 - 16 hours/week. Workdays and hours are flexible. The general expectation is for employees to work in office. Mail or email your resume and a cover letter detailing your availability and any other pertinent information to Key Bible Clubs.