|Location||Blind River, Canada|
|Date Posted||December 2, 2022|
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such, missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Empowered by the Director, the Food Services Coordinator, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for ordering, meal plans, preparing meals, controlling budget and kitchen costs, and organizing volunteers and kitchen personnel for events and summer ministry.
- To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church
- To accomplish the primary objective through camping ministry, by effectively planning programs and other activities related to Galilean Bible Camp and Conference Centre.
- Organizing and training kitchen personnel and volunteers
- Ordering all food
- Planning and serving meals
- Maintaining the kitchen
- Promote the camp within the local church and community
- Helping in other areas of camp when needed
- Passion for the Gospel
- Proficient in Cooking and Baking
- Organizational skills
- Competency in cooking and baking for large groups of people
- Follower of Christ
- Passion for the Gospel
Education and Experience
- Food Handling certification is an asset
- Experience with camping ministry is an asset
- High School diploma or higher level of education
- Ability to stand for many hours
- Able to lift heavy items from ovens and stove tops
- Ability to handle long hours of work when required
Galilean staff members are missionaries are required to raise their own support. After candidates have raised 70% of their required support they may become involved in their assignment.
- Housing – provided with utilities free of charge by the camp on camp property
- There is a possibility to do the majority of this job remotely. Ask for more information if needed.
- Transportation – recommended that individual have a personal vehicle
- Churches – in the town of Blind River
For more information please email email@example.com or call (705) 356-7961