|Date Posted||December 22, 2022|
General Director – Frontier Lodge Christian Youth Camp
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Frontier Lodge Christian Youth Camp
Frontier Lodge Christian Youth Camp is searching for a visionary, entrepreneurial, and highly relational leader to join their team as General Director.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the General Director of Frontier Lodge is a hands-on, senior Christian leader with a proven record in youth and camp ministries, not-for-profit organizations, private business, or a combination thereof. The General Director is an effective strategic planner who has proven communication, marketing, consultative, and interpersonal competencies. The role of the General Director is to provide leadership and direction to camp staff, ensure proper administration of the camp, and to liaise with the Board of Directors. The General Director is a mature Christian in a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
If you are a business-minded leader with a passion for youth and camp ministry, and values that align with Frontier Lodge, we would love to connect with you!
The General Director is responsible for hiring and managing staff including the Program Directors, Kitchen Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Nurse, Waterfront Director, and Administrator. The General Director is responsible for overseeing the general direction of the camp, as well as ensuring that the camp experience for all groups is rewarding and enjoyable. As the senior staff member in a Christian ministry organization, the General Director helps to facilitate the spiritual growth of the full-time and seasonal staff at the camp, and ensures that the camp promotes an image that is Christ-centered at all times. The General Director is responsible for promoting the camp to key constituents, and ensuring the financial stewardship of the operation year-round.
- A passion and heart for youth with demonstrated experience in camp or youth ministry.
- An entrepreneurial leader with a mindset and orientation towards growth.
- Proven experience leading teams, and managing, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Able to network and build relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and partners.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy.
- Flexible, adaptable, savvy at managing change, and can work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute strategic plans.
- Relevant experience related to non-profit organizations or a related industry sector.
- Financial management and budgeting experience with significant resources.
- A faith-based leadership style that is collaborative, humble, empowering, and positive.
- Previous fundraising and donor development experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset, but not required.
- Aligned with and able to model the values of Frontier Lodge.
- In agreement with the Statement of Faith of Frontier Lodge.
- Able to live in a residence provided at the camp on beautiful Lake Wallace.
WHO WE ARE
Frontier Lodge is a non-denominational Christian youth camp located just two hours outside of Montreal. Situated on the northeast side of Lake Wallace, the camp overlooks a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. It’s the perfect place to watch the fog lift in the morning, campers hanging out by the lake under the heat of the afternoon sun, and the vibrant sunset in the evening.
Around the world, countless lives have been changed by summer camp, and we believe that each child should have the opportunity to attend at least once in their life! Camp is a place for young people to take a break from busy schedules and pressing demands. It’s a place that allows them to focus on their personal learning and growth.
Campers at Frontier Lodge learn resilience when their plans don’t succeed. They’re encouraged to get back up and try again. They feel more confident, having tried new things and learned new skills. Campers will learn about friendship; gaining a better understanding of unity, empathy, compassion, compromise, and learning how to lovingly disagree. Frontier Lodge is a place to let loose and have fun, and it’s also a place where children will hear the Gospel message in a way in which they can relate and discuss the implications it has in their lives. It’s a place where children will be valued, listened to, encouraged, and loved beyond measure. By the end of the week they won’t want to leave!
Location: Saint-Herménégilde, QC
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
Start Date: Spring 2023
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.