|Date Posted||October 14, 2022|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a part-time, 22 hours/week, four month contract Housing Administrator to support our 26 unit Transitional Facility as we work to achieve our ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the Toronto Social Housing Sector, enjoys working with a diverse team, demonstrates excellence in problem solving and has financial management skills.
- To assist in the overall administrative requirements of Genesis Place regarding tenant RGI Management and to assist in the administration of the Housing Department to help ensure Genesis Place’ operations runs effectively and efficiently, towards the betterment of the tenants
- To monitor, process, document and calculate RGI rental payments
- Be trained and informed on current RGI Administration and ensure Genesis Place is following due process for rental management
- To support the Building and Tenant Supervisor in conducting and overseeing new lease arrangements, arranging tours of units and facilitating introductory meetings for potential tenants
- Work with tenants to develop effective arrear management and payment plans
- Prepare and distribute Notice of Entry for repairs and other documents related to building maintenance as directed
- Answer and appropriately direct queries by phone, email or in person from tenants, vendors and external guests
- Assist in the compiling of pertinent reports required by the City of Toronto Service Manager and available to provide file audits to management, as well as to the City of Toronto Service Manager
- Maintenance of the Housing Petty Cash with reports to Finance
- Receive and monitor YSM Furniture Bank Referrals providing support to referring YSM staff on process
- Community college diploma preferred
- Familiarity with HM Worx and asset
- Effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skill
- Flexibility in hours, including availability for evening and weekend work as required;
- A Police Record Check is required; Certificate in First Aid an asset;
- A demonstrated commitment to the faith, values and mission of YSM
Deadline for Application: November 28, 2022 (or until filled)
Start Date: ASAP
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/165
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: October 14, 2022